Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Volume of adverts really loud

The adverts are much louder than the actual music and so when I have ear phones in and the adverts come on I get the shock of my life. How do I reduce their volume?

• The adverts are much louder than the actual music and so when I have ear phones in and the adverts come on I get the shock of my life. How do I reduce their volume?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay has stopped working

Love this feature but on my desktop (Windows 7) and IOS (iPhone 6) this facility has stopped working, even though it is still enabled in the settings.Could be since last update.

• Music Fan
  • Love this feature but on my desktop (Windows 7) and IOS (iPhone 6) this facility has stopped working, even though it is still enabled in the settings. Could be since last update.
  • ringostarr9
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

cant open spotify

I have already installed Spotify and this came up. pls, help .

• Casual Listener
  • I have already installed Spotify and this came up. pls, help .
  • prishveen1997
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my info when I got a new computer, can I get it back?

I use the desktop App, and I got a new computer and installed spotify and it seems all the songs that I liked from my radio stations in on my last computer are all gone. Is there any way to get that back? Or at least to see my old Discover weekly pla...

• I use the desktop App, and I got a new computer and installed spotify and it seems all the songs that I liked from my radio stations in on my last computer are all gone.  Is there any way to get...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cant open spotify on my laptop

whenever I try to open the app it gives me a message saying i have an invalid user profile

• Casual Listener
  • whenever I try to open the app it gives me a message saying i have an invalid user profile
  • alex559920
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play certain songs anymore

About 2 days ago I noticed that alot of the songs in my playlists and songs in other peoples playlists seem to be removed. I can't play them anymore even though I have Spotify Unlimited. Does anybody have an idea as to what the problem might be? The ...

• About 2 days ago I noticed that alot of the songs in my playlists and songs in other peoples playlists seem to be removed. I can't play them anymore even though I have Spotify Unlimited. Does anybody...
  • jazus
  • 72 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 4 likes

Some AC/DC songs won't play

On AC/DC's "Back In Black" album I can only play the song "Back In Black", no other songs from that album will play. Then, on the "Powerage" album I can play all songs except for "Rock N Roll Damnation". As much as I can tell all other songs from oth...

• Regular
  • On AC/DC's "Back In Black" album I can only play the song "Back In Black", no other songs from that album will play.  Then, on the "Powerage" album I can play all songs except for "Rock N Roll D...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify client is blank (black screen) on launch

I've seen a few other topics with similar issues but haven't had any luck with their solutions. Anytime I launch Spotify the client is blank, with only the (working?) file menus and icon at the top. See the attached screen shot. The only thing that s...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen a few other topics with similar issues but haven't had any luck with their solutions. Anytime I launch Spotify the client is blank, with only the (working?) file menus and icon at the ...
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Spotify does not handle Windows Explorer crashes. Please fix.

I have windows 10. I set the option to have Spotify in the notification area instead of closing it when i close the window. Also I have the media overlay enabled (the one embedded in the vertical volume slider like groove music).When, for any reason,...

• Regular
  • I have windows 10. I set the option to have Spotify in the notification area instead of closing it when i close the window. Also I have the media overlay enabled (the one embedded in the vertical vol...
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

How do I turn off the Desktop App's invasion into my web browser?

When listening to a song preview on a webpage( The song on this page http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8013987/selena-gomez-new-song-marshmello-wolves ) I noticed that when I closed the tab the song was still playing. I switched to the des...

• When listening to a song preview on a webpage( The song on this page http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8013987/selena-gomez-new-song-marshmello-wolves ) I noticed that when I closed t...
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Seriously, why won't you unlink your phone playing the same song as your other devices already?

This has been asked multiple times. I've seen multiple threads. If I want to play music on my phone, I am very capable of doing so. This feature has been asked for for years now. Who is the guy who is thoroughly conviced that being invasive on device...

• This has been asked multiple times. I've seen multiple threads. If I want to play music on my phone, I am very capable of doing so. This feature has been asked for for years now. Who is the guy who i...
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads for offline listening

My question is rather simple. I would like to do my offline listening on a mp3 player. How do I transfer my library to the player?

• My question is rather simple.  I would like to do my offline listening on a mp3 player.  How do I transfer my library to the player?
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on startup despite all troubleshooting and reinstalling repeatedly.

Kinda just like the title says... Spotify crashes on my desktop for about the last month and a half immediately as I open the program. It started after an update around mid-September. I have been able to successfully uninstall and reinstall it, altho...

• Music Fan
  • Kinda just like the title says... Spotify crashes on my desktop for about the last month and a half immediately as I open the program. It started after an update around mid-September. I have been abl...
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't open (windows 10 desktop app)

Spotify no longer opens, when I click to open it nothing happens. I've tried unistalling it and reinstalling and even loading my laptop in safe mode but nothing has made any difference. Also when I reinstall I get an error code 57 . Any help would be...

• Spotify no longer opens, when I click to open it nothing happens. I've tried unistalling it and reinstalling and even loading my laptop in safe mode but nothing has made any difference. Also when I r...
  • QuiriniusGast
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "This song is not available."

Hey guys, Since a couple of days I get the following notifaction for nearly all my songs, which were played perfectly before: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." (see screenshot)This even happens to ...

Capture.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,    Since a couple of days I get the following notifaction for nearly all my songs, which were played perfectly before:  "This song is not available. If you have the file o...
  • dennisrkb
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is very slow / Hitlists won't load

Spotify has been very slow lately, which cannot be due to internet connection. That's fine. Even on my iPhone it's much faster than the Windows 10 desktop version. Also a lot of the features simply won't load.

• Spotify has been very slow lately, which cannot be due to internet connection. That's fine. Even on my iPhone it's much faster than the Windows 10 desktop version.  Also a lot of the features s...
  • xandrelima
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Does Spotify Free have a timeout?

I have the desktop application installed. I stream music through my house and find after idling for awhile the music stops playing. When I return to my desktop I simply hit play to start the music again. It doesent crash or anything. It just stops pl...

• I have the desktop application installed. I stream music through my house and find after idling for awhile the music stops playing. When I return to my desktop I simply hit play to start the music ag...
  • julrey
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify se cierra cuando lo abro en la PC

Hola. Hace una semana que intento abrir Spotify desde una Notebook. intenta abrir, pero empieza a ponerse la pantalla en blanco y se cierra. no me da tiempo ni a logguearme. Tengo Windows. se cierra y queda el inioco de Spotify en la barra de inicio ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola. Hace una semana que intento abrir Spotify desde una Notebook. intenta abrir, pero empieza a ponerse la pantalla en blanco y se cierra. no me da tiempo ni a logguearme. Tengo Windows. se cierra ...
  • Miguelpv13
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Frozen playlist

I just created a new playlist and the app automatically selected the name of the first song assigned to the playlist as the name of the playlist (like is usually does). But the playlist does not respond to mouse clicks. I can't edit the playlist name...

• I just created a new playlist and the app automatically selected the name of the first song assigned to the playlist as the name of the playlist (like is usually does).  But the playlist does no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no music available

Hi all,I tried to start spotify this morning (as usual) and when starting a playlist (e.g. "Hits du moment") I received an error info that the song is not available on my PC. Tried one of my personal playlist and got the same message.I reinstalled sp...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all, I tried to start spotify this morning (as usual) and when starting a playlist (e.g. "Hits du moment") I received an error info that the song is not available on my PC. Tried one of my person...
  • oj20220
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes