Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify is very slow / Hitlists won't load

Spotify has been very slow lately, which cannot be due to internet connection. That's fine. Even on my iPhone it's much faster than the Windows 10 desktop version. Also a lot of the features simply won't load.

• Spotify has been very slow lately, which cannot be due to internet connection. That's fine. Even on my iPhone it's much faster than the Windows 10 desktop version.  Also a lot of the features s...
  • xandrelima
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Does Spotify Free have a timeout?

I have the desktop application installed. I stream music through my house and find after idling for awhile the music stops playing. When I return to my desktop I simply hit play to start the music again. It doesent crash or anything. It just stops pl...

• I have the desktop application installed. I stream music through my house and find after idling for awhile the music stops playing. When I return to my desktop I simply hit play to start the music ag...
  • julrey
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify se cierra cuando lo abro en la PC

Hola. Hace una semana que intento abrir Spotify desde una Notebook. intenta abrir, pero empieza a ponerse la pantalla en blanco y se cierra. no me da tiempo ni a logguearme. Tengo Windows. se cierra y queda el inioco de Spotify en la barra de inicio ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola. Hace una semana que intento abrir Spotify desde una Notebook. intenta abrir, pero empieza a ponerse la pantalla en blanco y se cierra. no me da tiempo ni a logguearme. Tengo Windows. se cierra ...
  • Miguelpv13
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Frozen playlist

I just created a new playlist and the app automatically selected the name of the first song assigned to the playlist as the name of the playlist (like is usually does). But the playlist does not respond to mouse clicks. I can't edit the playlist name...

• I just created a new playlist and the app automatically selected the name of the first song assigned to the playlist as the name of the playlist (like is usually does).  But the playlist does no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no music available

Hi all,I tried to start spotify this morning (as usual) and when starting a playlist (e.g. "Hits du moment") I received an error info that the song is not available on my PC. Tried one of my personal playlist and got the same message.I reinstalled sp...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all, I tried to start spotify this morning (as usual) and when starting a playlist (e.g. "Hits du moment") I received an error info that the song is not available on my PC. Tried one of my person...
  • oj20220
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: You didn't subscribe and had one inbox conversation?

Was that no-subscriber one-comment jab directed at me? I've been a paying subscriber since 2011 I've just been so happy with the service I never felt the need to sign up for these forums. But when I saw the note from one from the Spotify team in this...

• Casual Listener
  • Was that no-subscriber one-comment jab directed at me? I've been a paying subscriber since 2011 🙂 I've just been so happy with the service I never felt the need to sign up for these forums...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

I'm with every one of you guys - even +1'd all your comments I was also incensed at Spotify's insensitive handling of - and lack of response to - the situation; maybe I'm an idealist but, surely, this much negative feeling from a community should be ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm with every one of you guys - even +1'd all your comments 🙂   I was also incensed at Spotify's insensitive handling of - and lack of response to - the situation; maybe I'm an idealist but,...
  • 9 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 24 likes

Spotify plays a different track for the same one!

Same track on PC plays 1 track and on phone plays a different one. Whats wrong how can I fix that?

• Music Fan
  • Same track on PC plays 1 track and on phone plays a different one.  Whats wrong how can I fix that?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Player logging me out

My Spotify App downloaded to my PC keeps logging me out?? I can maybe be on the app for 1-5 seconds after I log in when it immediately kicks me out, I can log in to the web player but the Spotify app just wont work! It tells me in the app that I have...

• My Spotify App downloaded to my PC keeps logging me out?? I can maybe be on the app for 1-5 seconds after I log in when it immediately kicks me out, I can log in to the web player but the Spotify app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen break up

Repeatadly seeing my screen do this - Any ideas? Maybe a feature?

• Repeatadly seeing my screen do this - Any ideas? Maybe a feature?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Queue Not Functioning Properly on PC

Hello, A recurring problem I'm having on my PC is the play queue. I will look to add 10-15 songs to the queue, but only a handful, maybe 4-5, actually end up in the queue, so I know it works sometimes, but not every time. To my knowledge I have the m...

• Hello,   A recurring problem I'm having on my PC is the play queue. I will look to add 10-15 songs to the queue, but only a handful, maybe 4-5, actually end up in the queue, so I know it works...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

?

I haven't emailed you. I've jumped on a discussion which is still very popular. If you don't like it, remove your post.

• Casual Listener
  • I haven't emailed you. I've jumped on a discussion which is still very popular. If you don't like it, remove your post.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: You didn't subscribe and had one inbox conversation?

Hi. I posted my disappointment over the inbox like hundreds of other people- several months ago. Why are you emailing me today?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I posted my disappointment over the inbox like hundreds of other people - several months ago. Why are you emailing me today?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

You didn't subscribe and had one inbox conversation?

Seriously? You have never even signed up to Spotify and had one little conversation in the inbox and you're mad? I can understand those who utilized this function for years.Talk about jumping on the bandwagon.

• Casual Listener
  • Seriously? You have never even signed up to Spotify and had one little conversation in the inbox and you're mad? I can understand those who utilized this function for years.Talk about jumping on the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving 10000 "limit capped" songs to a playlist, the playlist only contains 9200 songs.

To workaround the 10000 songs limit cap in my Songs section, I move them all to a playlist, so that my Songs section can be deleted, so that I can fill up the Songs section again, with another 10000 songs. So I copy and paste all of my 10000 songs to...

• Music Fan
  • To workaround the 10000 songs limit cap in my Songs section, I move them all to a playlist, so that my Songs section can be deleted, so that I can fill up the Songs section again, with another 10000 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App forces song redownload on Laptop

So I've had Premium for almost a year now, and this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. I opened up my laptop this morning to start playing music. I have poor internet, so it says there's no internet connection. Sweet, no problem, Spotify has o...

• So I've had Premium for almost a year now, and this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened.   I opened up my laptop this morning to start playing music. I have poor internet, so it says ther...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error Code: 18 Please Help

I listen to spotify constantly and need help. I have uninstalled for a clean re-installation, but while i downloaded the installer, it gives me error 18: "The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to write are in use by another pro...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to spotify constantly and need help.  I have uninstalled for a clean re-installation, but while i downloaded the installer, it gives me error 18: "The installer is unable to install Spo...
  • crazygrace47
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes

Download all songs in my library

In the mobile app (iOS), the Download switch is available for all Songs in Your Library. Why isn't the same option available for the Windows 10 app? I just bought a Surface Pro that I plan to bring on flights quite often. I don't organize all of my m...

• In the mobile app (iOS), the Download switch is available for all Songs in Your Library. Why isn't the same option available for the Windows 10 app?   I just bought a Surface Pro that I p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

unable to make songs available offline

Yesterday everything worked fine, today i can no longer make songs available offline.the "circling arrows" appear, but other then that, nothing happens, as if the dl didnt start. the premium status is still good, theres plenty of storage on the pc, i...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday everything worked fine, today i can no longer make songs available offline. the "circling arrows" appear, but other then that, nothing happens, as if the dl didnt start.  the premium...
  • SomeoneElse00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App / Win32 Application

How is the future for the legacy Spotigy application? Will you continue to add features to both or only to the Store-App? Is the legacy application "discontinued"? Thx...

• Roadie
  • How is the future for the legacy Spotigy application? Will you continue to add features to both or only to the Store-App? Is the legacy application "discontinued"?   Thx...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes