Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

exporting a playlist to my laptop, is this possible?

I'm trying to create a playlist for our school halloween disco and I've created a playlist. How can I get this music onto my laptop so I can burn to a disc?Help!!!

• I'm trying to create a playlist for our school halloween disco and I've created a playlist. How can I get this music onto my laptop so I can burn to a disc? Help!!!
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide/Unhide suggested Playlist

Hi. I've pressed the option hide on the suggested playlist but now I can't go back!!How can I solve it?Thx in advance

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I've pressed the option hide on the suggested playlist but now I can't go back!! How can I solve it? Thx in advance 🙂
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer edit playlist cover?

Just switched back to Spotify, and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure on the desktop version you used to be able to click the cover of playlists to change the picture to one from your computer. Is this not possible any more? Is there a diffe...

• Casual Listener
  • Just switched back to Spotify, and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure on the desktop version you used to be able to click the cover of playlists to change the picture to one from your comput...
  • LeoRager
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Are you still able to restore this? I'd love a playlist of songs and albums that were in my messages.

• Casual Listener
  • Are you still able to restore this? I'd love a playlist of songs and albums that were in my messages.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no tech support, no music. my music i own is not showing up.

and also, oddly enough, music i sure do not own, is showing up in my music.where did that go?all my music was bought years ago, music i own and saved to my computer yet only some of it shows up in spotify.i was using groove, but since that is going a...

• Regular
  • and also, oddly enough, music i sure do not own, is showing up in my music. where did that go? all my music was bought years ago, music i own and saved to my computer yet only some of it shows up i...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not displaying correct Artwork

So I have several albums in my local files that feature unique artwork on each individual song, however Spotify displays them as one singular artwork per album. Windows Media Player shows them correctly, as well as tag viewers display them. Yes, the ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have several albums in my local files that feature unique artwork on each individual song, however Spotify displays them as one singular artwork per album. Windows Media Player shows them correc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music editting

I play the music for high school sports. Is there a way to edit playlists to include snip its of songs vs the entire song?

• I play the music for high school sports.  Is there a way to edit playlists to include snip its of songs vs the entire song?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting not working within artist pages

When browsing an artist's albums on their artist page, I cannot sort the songs within their albums by popularity, time, etc. This has always been something that has bothered me and I have wondered when it will be fixed. I know that search results are...

• Casual Listener
  • When browsing an artist's albums on their artist page, I cannot sort the songs within their albums by popularity, time, etc. This has always been something that has bothered me and I have wondered wh...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop player wont cast albums to Google Assistant

I am having an issue that just started today as far as I can tell. I play the Wonder Woman sountrack on my Windows laptop and it works fine. Then when I ask it to cast to the Google Assistant, suddenly some playlist comes on but with no sound. If I s...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having an issue that just started today as far as I can tell. I play the Wonder Woman sountrack on my Windows laptop and it works fine. Then when I ask it to cast to the Google Assistant, s...
  • Lady_Blerd
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot add my music from alternate location

I just switched from groove to spotify, after moving my music.but groove was getting all my music from a location different from where spotify wants to go looking for it.so in preferences, i see i can add a new location for spotify to go looking for ...

• Regular
  • I just switched from groove to spotify, after moving my music. but groove was getting all my music from a location different from where spotify wants to go looking for it. so in preferences, i see ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlists are now "Made by Spotify" and therefore I am unable to edit them?

So about three months ago I made some playlists on Spotify. Now I have come back to those playlists and attempted to add more songs to them but I am unable to as I no longer own them I just "follow" them and they all say "Made by Spotify". How do I f...

• Casual Listener
  • So about three months ago I made some playlists on Spotify. Now I have come back to those playlists and attempted to add more songs to them but I am unable to as I no longer own them I just "follow" ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All songs not playing. I keep getting a "This song is not available."

Ive tried everything to uninstalling, unchecking all Local Files boxes and nothing works. Everytime I try to play any song on my Spotify I get a message that states. "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it...

• Ive tried everything to uninstalling, unchecking all Local Files boxes and nothing works. Everytime I try to play any song on my Spotify I get a message that states. "This song is not available. If y...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! does the app take up more processing than the webpage?

I love the Spotify app and its music, and I was wondering if the app takes up more processing than the webpage because I want to listen to my music while using applications that take up at least half of my processing power, making most other applicat...

• I love the Spotify app and its music, and I was wondering if the app takes up more processing than the webpage because I want to listen to my music while using applications that take up at least half...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cortana issues with Spotify

I recently moved from Groove (sadness) to Spotify and initially Cortana worked for opening the app and playing music. But after turning off Groove integration with Cortana, suddenly I can't get Cortana and Spotify to work. I've enabled Spotify in Cor...

• I recently moved from Groove (sadness) to Spotify and initially Cortana worked for opening the app and playing music. But after turning off Groove integration with Cortana, suddenly I can't get Corta...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Pofile Pictures

Hi i cant seem to be able to post a profile picture on my account. i have googled it looked at the spotify communtiy and tried on my mac, windows and iPhone and it just wont let me do it.

• Hi i cant seem to be able to post a profile picture on my account. i have googled it looked at the spotify communtiy and tried on my mac, windows and iPhone and it just wont let me do it.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connect my phone as a remote

Hi everyone, Basicly I have a trouble connecting my phone as a remote for my pc.My pc isnt connect on the same wifi, actualy it's a wired connection so no wifi at all. Is there a way for my phone to communicate with my pc ? Thank you all

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   Basicly I have a trouble connecting my phone as a remote for my pc. My pc isnt connect on the same wifi, actualy it's a wired connection so no wifi at all.   Is there a ...
  • unclesilas
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

error code 17 windows 8

I have tried EVERYTHING people have suggested for this problem. NOTHING has worked. The weird thing is, it has worked on the same computer, just days before. I deleted it and now I can't download it again

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried EVERYTHING people have suggested for this problem. NOTHING has worked. The weird thing is, it has worked on the same computer, just days before. I deleted it and now I can't download it ...
  • LeoRager
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! error code 17

How to resolve your error code 17 on window 7, it been 2 and a half months and you still have not resolve this situation.

• How to resolve your error code 17 on window 7, it been 2 and a half months and you still have not resolve this situation.
  • Rubyisme
  • Casual Listener
  • 88 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 10 likes

Can't hear music but can on browser - Windows 10

Very weird. Just dowloaded the Windows 10 client and signed in with Premium account. When I click a song, it says "Can't play song" and the computer is silent. I can play YouTube videos and can play spotify in the Chrome Browser. But the desktop clie...

• Casual Listener
  • Very weird.  Just dowloaded the Windows 10 client and signed in with Premium account.  When I click a song, it says "Can't play song" and the computer is silent.  I can play YouTube vi...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes