Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify not opening

Been having this issue for about a week now. I click spotify on my computer (Lenovo Yoga 720 on Windows i5 &th Gen) and it just does not open at all. No brief glimpse of the log in or anything just nothing. Then when I try to go to taskbar and proces...

• Been having this issue for about a week now.  I click spotify on my computer (Lenovo Yoga 720 on Windows i5 &th Gen) and it just does not open at all. No brief glimpse of the log in or anyth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Firewall Settings & IP Address Range

I am the system administrator for a high school that wishes to allow students to use Spotify on our network. I've discovered that I need to allow for port TCP 4070, but I still need to know Spotify's public IP Address(es) that correspond to these por...

• Casual Listener
  • ...potify's public IP Address(es) that correspond to these ports. I am not willing to open up this port for all inbound / outbound traffic since students will abuse it. Please note that I found a post f...
  • rickymontenegr0
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! How do I change my profile picture?

I'm a long term subscriber, The 4 songs out of the first 5 I saved to my spotify account became my profile picture. Two of the 4 pictures are the same band. I like these songs but dont feel they represent my true musical taste or favorites. How can I...

• Music Fan
  • I'm a long term subscriber, The 4 songs out of the first 5 I saved to my spotify account became my profile picture. Two of the 4 pictures are the same band. I like these songs but dont feel they repr...
  • Justdread2017v2
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Fullscreen icon

The fullscreen icon does not appear for me.

• The fullscreen icon does not appear for me.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wont play some songs.

I've got Spotify unlimited. For a few songs, it just won't play. The play bar is empty, it says it's playing but there's no sound or anything. Only happens on some songs, and even after I've imported local files of the same songs it wont play. I'd th...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got Spotify unlimited. For a few songs, it just won't play. The play bar is empty, it says it's playing but there's no sound or anything. Only happens on some songs, and even after I've imported...
  • Phedra
  • 26 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 1 likes

Chromecast not available on Windows Desktop?

I'm unable to cast from my Windows Desktop App. Details, 'Cast' option is grayed out in the App (screenshot attached).Chromecast is on the same network as my laptop with the App.I have a Premium Family subscription. My understanding is that this opti...

• I'm unable to cast from my Windows Desktop App. Details,   'Cast' option is grayed out in the App (screenshot attached). Chromecast is on the same network as my laptop with the App. I have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to music together

Hi. I've made an application for me and my girlfriend that allows listening to music together.Basically there is just 1 button called "Play together". After start, the first person is the "Host", and sends the actual track, track position if changed,...

• Hi. I've made an application for me and my girlfriend that allows listening to music together. Basically there is just 1 button called "Play together". After start, the first person is the "Host", a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Look what your friends listen doesn't work Windows and Mac

Since 1 year or more , and following all the updates and several times in which in reinstall the app, I keep having the same problem , i cannot see what my friends listen , i can see the bar saying "find friends" but I am already following some peopl...

• Since 1 year or more , and following all the updates and several times in which in reinstall the app, I keep having the same problem , i cannot see what my friends listen , i can see the ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

where are my local files?

I use spotify on my windows laptop and android. Yesterday (using the laptop) I went to settings to make the songs on my dropbox available via spotify (local files). But I can't find them now. They don't come up when I go to local files. And they have...

• I use spotify on my windows laptop and android. Yesterday (using the laptop) I went to settings to make the songs on my dropbox available via spotify (local files). But I can't find them now. They do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify showing black screen

Hi, I'm not sure anyone can help but when ever I try to open up spotify app on windows 10 it just comes up with a black screen with the only thing visible options are file, edit and view. I reseachred it and I have done everything other threads have ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi,   I'm not sure anyone can help but when ever I try to open up spotify app on windows 10 it just comes up with a black screen with the only thing visible options are file, edit and ...
  • Tufayl1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Album artwork smaller (with Spotify logo) in volume control pop-up [Windows 10]

I've just made a reinstall of Spotify on Windows 10 to solve an execution issue (where it would execute in task manager for 5 seconds, but then Spotify.exe would end without opening at all), but I've come across a new issue now. I've noticed that the...

xAmbzwU.png
  • I've just made a reinstall of Spotify on Windows 10 to solve an execution issue (where it would execute in task manager for 5 seconds, but then Spotify.exe would end without opening at all)...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Corsair K70 Multimedia Keys

I have a Corsair Vengeance K70 with dedicated multimedia keys that I can't seem to figure out how to use with the Spotify app, not the web player. The only media key that works is the stop button, but all of the other ones work in every other program...

• I have a Corsair Vengeance K70 with dedicated multimedia keys that I can't seem  to figure out how to use with the Spotify app, not the web player. The only media key that works is the stop butt...
  • ShaneRoyal14
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes

Removing Local Files from Song Library

I saved some songs from my local file to my song library awhile back, but they are not available since they are no longer on my computer. Spotify disabled the function to add local files to song library since then, but the grayed out songs still show...

• Casual Listener
  • I saved some songs from my local file to my song library awhile back, but they are not available since they are no longer on my computer. Spotify disabled the function to add local files to song...
  • geedavey
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping two instead of one song (media key used)

Hi, Ive got a logitech G910 Orion Spark for keyboard. It has several media keys like stop skip pause etc. .. The worked just fine until today when I press skip, it skips 2 instead of one song. When i do it "manually" with my mouse, it works just fine...

• Regular
  • Hi,  Ive got a logitech G910 Orion Spark for keyboard. It has several media keys like stop skip pause etc. ..  The worked just fine until today when I press skip, it skips 2 instead of on...
  • Hendryk1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Glitch - Back Button from Artist Screen

Curious if it's the current (and most recent 5+) versions of Spotify desktop app, or just me. When viewing "About" information for an artist, if I use the "Go Back" functionality, it loads 100% of the artist's tracks, albums, collaborations, etc. suc...

• Casual Listener
  • Curious if it's the current (and most recent 5+) versions of Spotify desktop app, or just me.   When viewing "About" information for an artist, if I use the "Go Back" functionality...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app not working! HELP! (Windows)

Hi guys, My spotify web browser seems to be working perfectly fine and I log in with my facebook credentials. But for some reason for the last few days my desktop app + android phone app has not been letting me log in with those same Facebook credent...

• Regular
  • Hi guys,    My spotify web browser seems to be working perfectly fine and I log in with my facebook credentials. But for some reason for the last few days my desktop app + android phone a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows App does not go full screen on 2nd monitor, only shows part of window

When i drag the spotify window onto my 2nd monitor, it maximises, but i can see some of the content, and can just see my desktop in the background. (Snip on the right is my 2nd monitor).

• When i drag the spotify window onto my 2nd monitor, it maximises, but i can see some of the content, and can just see my desktop in the background. (Snip on the right is my 2nd monitor).
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se desconecta al apagarse la pantalla del equipo en Microsft Surface 4 con Windows 10

Hola, Spotify deja de sonar al apagarse la pantalla del equipo en mi Surface 4 con Windows 10 actualizado a la última compilación. No sucede con ninguna otra aplicación, sólo con Spotify.

• Hola, Spotify deja de sonar al apagarse la pantalla del equipo en mi Surface 4 con Windows 10 actualizado a la última compilación. No sucede con ninguna otra aplicación, sólo con Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app stops playing when screen dims

Dear Spotify, A bit of a duplicate thread, but as suggested by Chris, here, let's start a new one: When a Windows device dims the screen Spotify stops playing, will you be fixing this issue? Thanks!Jordy

• Dear Spotify,   A bit of a duplicate thread, but as suggested by Chris, here, let's start a new one:   When a Windows device dims the screen Spotify stops playing, will you be fixing th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

30-second song previews on desktop and mobile app

Before when I go to discover songs and hold the play button it would preview a piece of the song. Now, it doesn't do that anymore. It's not my computer because I just reinstalled Windows. Edit: both desktop (Windows) ánd mobile (iPhone) app.

• Casual Listener
  • Before when I go to discover songs and hold the play button it would preview a piece of the song. Now, it doesn't do that anymore. It's not my computer because I just reinstalled Windows.   ...
  • joonash
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes