Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Their_UI_sux_blows
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Always Playing The First Track?

Recently Spotify has been always JUST playing the first track on my saved artists, regardless of what song I click on, so I have to scroll down with buttons to pick. Another thread picked this up, and said it might be the result of a recent upgrade. ...

• Recently Spotify has been always JUST playing the first track on my saved artists, regardless of what song I click on, so I have to scroll down with buttons to pick. Another thread picked this up, an...
  • Benjangle
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes

musik offline hören

Obwohl ich Premium Mitglied bin, kann ich Musik nicht auf meinen Windows Rechner speichern, weil der Download Button fehlt. Was tun?

• Obwohl ich Premium Mitglied bin, kann ich Musik nicht auf meinen Windows Rechner speichern, weil der Download Button fehlt. Was tun?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are not updated on one device with windows

Hi,My song collection looked updated and in sync until yestarday across all devicesHowever today on one of my computers it only shows additions until three days agoAlready tryied logging out and back inand reinstallingAny ideas?Thanks

• Hi, My song collection looked updated and in sync until yestarday across all devices However today on one of my computers it only shows additions until three days ago Already tryied  log...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has hi-jacked my browser

There was an update to Spotify recently. Afterwards, when I open "Chrome" which is my browser, the Spotify log-in screen appears instead of my Chrome browser page. Why is this? There was no update to Chrome only to Spotify.

• There was an update to Spotify recently. Afterwards, when I open "Chrome" which is my browser, the Spotify log-in screen appears instead of my Chrome browser page. Why is this? There was no update to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify language problem

I live in the Netherlands. I am not Dutch, nor do I want to see Spotify in Dutch - but I do and I have no way to change this. I have the same problem with both web player and downloaded player. I tried to change country in Preferences, but the option...

• Casual Listener
  • I live in the Netherlands. I am not Dutch, nor do I want to see Spotify in Dutch - but I do and I have no way to change this.   I have the same problem with both web player and downloaded pl...
  • ohmattski
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Screen changes when Spotify starts

When Spotify starts it changes the pixeling from 1920x1080 to 800x600, and when I turn Spotify off it turns back to 1920x1080.Can I change this so it stays in 1920x1080 some how?OS is Windows 10

• Casual Listener
  • When Spotify starts it changes the pixeling from 1920x1080 to 800x600, and when I turn Spotify off it turns back to 1920x1080. Can I change this so it stays in 1920x1080 some how? OS is Windows 10 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicate cache (default and custom location)

As my C: drive is way smaller than the drive I've changed Spotify settings to store cache under which seems to work fine.. But the problem is that it's still saving cache on C: as well... Every few months or so I have to clear data from:C:\Users\$use...

• Casual Listener
  • As my C: drive is way smaller than the 😧 drive I've changed Spotify settings to store cache under 😧 which seems to work fine.. But the problem is that it's still saving cache on C: as well... ...
  • Danelf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

What the **bleep** happened to the most listened place chart inside About Tab?

I recently update spotify and soon I discovered that something was missing.I found it very useful to know the 5 list of places where each artist was most listened. Why do yo simple delete that chart on About Tab. I do not care if one artist has 20k o...

• Regular
  • I recently update spotify and soon I discovered that something was missing. I found it very useful to know the 5 list of  places where each artist was most listened. Why do yo simple delet...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify opens during start-up

Spotify opens during the start up of my computer even though I have disabled this option. How can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance

• Spotify opens during the start up of my computer even though I have disabled this option. How can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance  
  • jn_mag
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback Issues

Is anyone having trouble with Hurt by Johnny Cash? Everytime I try to listen to that song, it cuts off at 1:52. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.

• Is anyone having trouble with Hurt by Johnny Cash? Everytime I try to listen to that song, it cuts off at 1:52. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable Song Made Available After Purchase From Amazon

This isn't really a complaint or issue, I just want to know what happened. After an artists took one of their albums off spotify, I went to Amazon to buy a couple singles off of it. I downloaded the singles to my downloads folder, and now only those ...

• This isn't really a complaint or issue, I just want to know what happened. After an artists took one of their albums off spotify, I went to Amazon to buy a couple singles off of it. I downloaded the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autostart

Although Autostart settings are deactivated and displayed, Spotify will be started more frequently after a reboot of the (Windows) PC. In the registry, the "Spotify Web Helper" is entered with autostart under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft...

• Casual Listener
  • Although Autostart settings are deactivated and displayed, Spotify will be started more frequently after a reboot of the (Windows) PC. In the registry, the "Spotify Web Helper" is entered with autost...
  • JakeK
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

"Open Spotify automatically after you log in to the computer" option not working

Hi Everyone First post here. Thought I'd report that the option Open Spotify automatically after you log in to the computer doesn't seem to work at all in the latest Windows version 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87: I had to deactivate the Spotify client in Wind...

2017-07-10 12_55_22-Spotify_Win10.png 2017-07-10 13_00_13-Task Manager_Edited.png
  • Hi Everyone   First post here. Thought I'd report that the option Open Spotify automatically after you log in to the computer doesn't seem to work at all in the latest Windows version 1.0.58.5...
  • henrikfuglesang
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

BGR Monitors not supported by Spotify

Spotify is not currently supporting BGR monitors and is ignoring the ClearType setting in Windows. This turns the font in Spotify barely readable.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is not currently supporting BGR monitors and is ignoring the ClearType setting in Windows. This turns the font in Spotify barely readable.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not load

All of the sudden my Spotify will not load properly. On startup a dialog box opens that says-"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive J" I have tried uninstalling spotify and reinstalling it with no luck. I also tried deleting ...

• All of the sudden my Spotify will not load properly.  On startup  a dialog box opens that says- "There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive J"   I have tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Let us CHANGE THE CACHE LOCATION

Spotify simply takes up too much space on the default Windows C: Drive via the AppData\Local\Spotify\Data folder.This NEEDS to be changed--especially for those users who have Windows installed on a small SSD.This idea has been presented on NUMEROUS o...

• Regular
  • Spotify simply takes up too much space on the default Windows C: Drive via the AppData\Local\Spotify\Data folder. This NEEDS to be changed--especially for those users who have Windows installed on a...
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 70 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 70 likes

Make volume slider bigger?

Im using Spotify on my new Surface book, which has a high resolution screen. I am struggling with controlling the volume of my speaker with this tiny little slider thats no longer than my thumbnail. Quite bothersome when you have a powerful speaker c...

• Regular
  • Im using Spotify on my new Surface book, which has a high resolution screen.   I am struggling with controlling the volume of my speaker with this tiny little slider thats no longer than my th...
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't read the **bleep** screen

I don't know .. is it me? Do the people running Spotify just not give a monkey's? I have read other complaints about the seriously stupid black background, grey text that means the screen is very hard to read. I am a software developer. I use my comp...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know .. is it me? Do the people running Spotify just not give a monkey's? I have read other complaints about the seriously stupid black background, grey text that means the screen is very har...
  • LoganHelps
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify starts automatically after logging into the computer

I have set the option "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" to "No". However it still opens automatically. This is really slowing down my computer startup.

• Visitor
  • I have set the option "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" to "No". However it still opens automatically. This is really slowing down my computer startup.
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify opening automatically when I log in

My spotify updated last week and it now opens automatically when I log into Windows. When I open my preferences, the box for "Open Spotify Automatically..." is check for "No" but it does it anyways. Seems to be a glitch in the update.

• My spotify updated last week and it now opens automatically when I log into Windows.  When I open my preferences, the box for "Open Spotify Automatically..." is check for "No" but it does it any...
  • dmboucher
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes