Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify auto launch even when configured not to

Hi,my Spotify is configured to NOT launch on startup at all, but still launches on strtup. This happens whatever the option is (on / off or minimized). I guess this is a bug. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the bug remains. I'm thinking ab...

• Regular
  • Hi, my Spotify is configured to NOT launch on startup at all, but still launches on strtup.  This happens whatever the option is (on / off or minimized). I guess this is a bug. I tried uni...
  • mr_aleks
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Some songs won´t play in windows but in other devices they play.

I have spotify in my windows machine in my office, as well in my MB and my iPhone. In both apple devices works fine, but in the windows app, some songs just won´t play, I even tried to control it from my MB but it just won´t play. Thanks.

• I have spotify in my windows machine in my office, as well in my MB and my iPhone. In both apple devices works fine, but in the windows app, some songs just won´t play, I even tried to control it fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does your screen have to be a certain size to display the friend feed?

I've just installed spotify (being the latest version), but the friend feed isn't showing. I've made sure that I've enabled the friend feed in settings. Also, I've logged out twice, but nothing has changed. The display on my laptop is a bit small, ma...

• I've just installed spotify (being the latest version), but the friend feed isn't showing. I've made sure that I've enabled the friend feed in settings. Also, I've logged out twice, but nothing has c...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Desktop bug

Hi everyone, After reading some posts, I noticed that the last Spotify version on windows desktop was 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87... I'm not having any trouble but my Spotify version is 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946...I'm not in the Beta Band and did nothing to "for...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi everyone,   After reading some posts, I noticed that the last Spotify version on windows desktop was 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87...   I'm not having any trouble but my Spotify version ...
  • patjasmo
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NO download option For library on desktop program

I uninstall the program and when i reinstall it, the download option on my library doesn't exists, I already remove the device from my account but it doesn't appear again after the reinstall on my account devices, it only let me download playlist but...

• I uninstall the program and when i reinstall it, the download option on my library doesn't exists, I already remove the device from my account but it doesn't appear again after the reinstall on my ac...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Version doesn't automatically play the next song

Hi, My Spotify that I have downloaded on my Windows laptop doesn't play the next song on my playlists automatically. A message would pop up on the top of the page saying "Can't Play Current Song". But if I click on the next song manually, it works. I...

• Hi,    My Spotify that I have downloaded on my Windows laptop doesn't play the next song on my playlists automatically. A message would pop up on the top of the page saying "Can't Play Cu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Showing what song is playing in a different window

How do I make my Spotify tell me what song is playing when I go to a different window? Also, Is this my version? 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 Adam

• How do I make my Spotify tell me what song is playing when I go to a different window?   Also, Is this my version? 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87   Adam
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files problem

Hello therePlease excuse my bad english, I am from Germany.I've got a problem with local files: Everytime I add them to a playlist, some of them don't get displayed as a local file but as an online file. But I want to listen to it, when I am offline,...

• Hello there Please excuse my bad english, I am from Germany. I've got a problem with local files: Everytime I add them to a playlist, some of them don't get displayed as a local file but as an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Radio feature

So I have some questions about the spotify future to create playlists based on song, playlist, or artist. * Does the radio update each time I add some songs to the playlist the radio is based on ? or when artists the song is based on added new track ...

• Music Fan
  • So I have some questions about the spotify future to create playlists based on song, playlist, or artist.    * Does the radio update each time I add some songs to the playlist the radio i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify sur window's

spotify ne réussit pas à lire les titres sélectionnés et les fait défiler sans interruption

• spotify ne réussit pas à lire les titres sélectionnés et les fait défiler sans interruption
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Closes immediately after being opened- Windows 10

When I open spotify on my computer, it opens and immediately closes. I have tried troubleshooting for a while and cannot get it to work.I have:Restarted computerUninstalled and resinstalled spotifyUninstalled Spotify, ensured C:\Users\\AppData\Local\...

• When I open spotify on my computer, it opens and immediately closes. I have tried troubleshooting for a while and cannot get it to work. I have: Restarted computer Uninstalled and resinstalled s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PC app video ads in banner space

One of the banner ads on the PC app started playing a video mid song, it auto muted itself about 3 seconds after it started playing so I can't really give a discription of the ad, it was one of those square ads so it was mostly cut off since it was i...

• One of the banner ads on the PC app started playing a video mid song, it auto muted itself about 3 seconds after it started playing so I can't really give a discription of the ad, it was one of those...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing up

Hey guys, My Spotify seems to be playing up the last few days. My songs were all playing fine, all the same volume everything, now they all seems to be at different levels. No settings were changed on my end. The "Set the same volume level for all so...

• Hey guys,   My Spotify seems to be playing up the last few days. My songs were all playing fine, all the same volume everything, now they all seems to be at different levels. No settings were ...
  • Mellyrose95
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant see friends Playlist

Hey. So i wanted to look at a playlist of a friend, but i cant see it. we both have spotify premium but only mine is connected with facebook. It was already hard to find him on spotify and when i eventually figured it out I still couldnt see his play...

• Hey.    So i wanted to look at a playlist of a friend, but i cant see it. we both have spotify premium but only mine is connected with facebook. It was already hard to find him on spotify...
  • meganh007
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add "notes" to the title of a track

I teach indoor cycling. When I use my mobile device to play my tracks through playlists I've built, I like to have notes that queue me as to what we're doing within the song. Is there a way I can add my notes next to the title? This is a function tha...

• Casual Listener
  • I teach indoor cycling. When I use my mobile device to play my tracks through playlists I've built, I like to have notes that queue me as to what we're doing within the song. Is there a way I can add...
  • InstructorDev
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Auto crossfade problem

Even though I made my preferences 12s, the next song starts automatically just before the the song on the play ends.. I made 12s both on my cell and desktop and I turned of my gapless play option..

• Casual Listener
  • Even though I made my preferences 12s, the next song starts automatically just before the the song on the play ends.. I made 12s both on my cell and desktop and I turned of my gapless play option..&n...
  • bsilber071
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume leveling not working since last update?

Since the last update, it seems like the volume normalization is not working anymore. It used to be that I rarely had to fiddle with the volume, but now every song is either very loud or very quiet. "Set the same level for all songs" is still on, so ...

• Regular
  • Since the last update, it seems like the volume normalization is not working anymore. It used to be that I rarely had to fiddle with the volume, but now every song is either very loud or very quiet. ...
  • Shadowwolf92
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Asking to insert a disk into drive H:

Recently recieved pop up on Windows 10 - Spotify.exe - No disk There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive H:. With the response - Cancel, Try again and continue. The popup will not disappear unless I terminated Spotify. Been a use...

• Recently recieved pop up on Windows 10 - Spotify.exe - No disk    There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive H:.   With the response - Cancel, Try again an...
  • parryjr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes