Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Win 10 App] Media keys no longer work

Switched over to the app on the Windows 10 store. After the switch the app doesn't recognize my media key inputs while the app is minimized/in the system tray while the desktop version did.

• Casual Listener
  • Switched over to the app on the Windows 10 store. After the switch the app doesn't recognize my media key inputs while the app is minimized/in the system tray while the desktop version did.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

playlist stay in waiting status

Hi, i've DL a lot of playlist on my computer but one stay in waiting status indefinitely, is there a quota for DL content ? i've tried to delete some donwloaded playlist to check if the incomplete playlist restart to DL but this action produce same r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  i've DL a lot of playlist on my computer but one stay in waiting status indefinitely, is there a quota for DL content ?   i've tried to delete some donwloaded playlist to check...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Spotify moves when taskbar is docked on left

Windows 10 I have my taskbar docked on the left side of the screen. Every time I open Spotify, it moves exactly the distance of the taskbar to the left of Spotify's last known position, as if the top left of the screen is used instead of the top left...

• Visitor
  • Windows 10   I have my taskbar docked on the left side of the screen. Every time I open Spotify, it moves exactly the distance of the taskbar to the left of Spotify's last known position, as i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists and Music won't download

So I'm trying to download some music on my laptop (windows and I currently have no device synchronised, spotify is allowed by my firewall and I executed it as administrator. But still, when I click on a playlist and click the button to make it availa...

• So I'm trying to download some music on my laptop (windows 😎 and I currently have no device synchronised, spotify is allowed by my firewall and I executed it as administrator. But still, when I clic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I download the desktop app but it won't open

I'm trying to download Spotify for my desktop (Windows Vista). I go to the download page and it automatically starts downloading. Then I see an icon that says "SpotifyFullVista" on my desktop screen. I then click on that icon to open the app but noth...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to download Spotify for my desktop (Windows Vista).  I go to the download page and it automatically starts downloading. Then I see an icon that says "SpotifyFullVista" on my desktop s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading on start-up even when lod not to.

In my settings I have to option: start on log-in, set to no. yet it still does. (running windows 7).

• In my settings I have to option: start on log-in, set to no. yet it still does. (running windows 7).
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts with Windows despite having automatic startup turned off

As the title says, I went into Advanced Settings and under Startup and Window Behavior where it says "Open Spotify automatically after you log into computer" it says "No," but I just turned my computer on and Spotify went ahead and opened up. Really ...

• As the title says, I went into Advanced Settings and under Startup and Window Behavior where it says "Open Spotify automatically after you log into computer" it says "No," but I just turned my comput...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Windows10 startet seit heute immer neu

Wenn Spitify aufgerufen wird, startet die Anwendung sauber, beendet dann selbstständig, startet von selbst neu - endlos.Das gleiche Verhalten zeigt sind, wenn Spotify mittels Taskmanager beendet wird, oder wenn der Rechner neu gestartet wird. Sobald ...

• Casual Listener
  • Wenn Spitify aufgerufen wird, startet die Anwendung sauber, beendet dann selbstständig, startet von selbst neu - endlos. Das gleiche Verhalten zeigt sind, wenn Spotify mittels Taskmanager beendet wi...
  • Wambo5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing certain music on desktop only

I was wanting to play Dio's album Holy Diver and i can play the the remastered version on my pc and on my phone and i can play the original on my phone but if i try to play some of the songs that i have on my playlist from the remastered is cant play...

• I was wanting to play Dio's album Holy Diver and i can play the the remastered version on my pc and on my phone and i can play the original on my phone but if i try to play some of the songs that i h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle is not random

My shuffle is not working and it's really annoying. To explain what is going on: I have about 50 songs from 5 artists and this is what happens on each shuffle: It plays 5 songs from artist 'a' then 1 song from artist 'b', After that another 5 songs f...

• My shuffle is not working and it's really annoying. To explain what is going on:   I have about 50 songs from 5 artists and this is what happens on each shuffle:   It plays 5 songs...
  • Jobuff
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Always Playing The First Track?

Recently Spotify has been always JUST playing the first track on my saved artists, regardless of what song I click on, so I have to scroll down with buttons to pick. Another thread picked this up, and said it might be the result of a recent upgrade. ...

• Recently Spotify has been always JUST playing the first track on my saved artists, regardless of what song I click on, so I have to scroll down with buttons to pick. Another thread picked this up, an...
  • Benjangle
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes

musik offline hören

Obwohl ich Premium Mitglied bin, kann ich Musik nicht auf meinen Windows Rechner speichern, weil der Download Button fehlt. Was tun?

• Obwohl ich Premium Mitglied bin, kann ich Musik nicht auf meinen Windows Rechner speichern, weil der Download Button fehlt. Was tun?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are not updated on one device with windows

Hi,My song collection looked updated and in sync until yestarday across all devicesHowever today on one of my computers it only shows additions until three days agoAlready tryied logging out and back inand reinstallingAny ideas?Thanks

• Hi, My song collection looked updated and in sync until yestarday across all devices However today on one of my computers it only shows additions until three days ago Already tryied  log...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has hi-jacked my browser

There was an update to Spotify recently. Afterwards, when I open "Chrome" which is my browser, the Spotify log-in screen appears instead of my Chrome browser page. Why is this? There was no update to Chrome only to Spotify.

• There was an update to Spotify recently. Afterwards, when I open "Chrome" which is my browser, the Spotify log-in screen appears instead of my Chrome browser page. Why is this? There was no update to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify language problem

I live in the Netherlands. I am not Dutch, nor do I want to see Spotify in Dutch - but I do and I have no way to change this. I have the same problem with both web player and downloaded player. I tried to change country in Preferences, but the option...

• Casual Listener
  • I live in the Netherlands. I am not Dutch, nor do I want to see Spotify in Dutch - but I do and I have no way to change this.   I have the same problem with both web player and downloaded pl...
  • ohmattski
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Screen changes when Spotify starts

When Spotify starts it changes the pixeling from 1920x1080 to 800x600, and when I turn Spotify off it turns back to 1920x1080.Can I change this so it stays in 1920x1080 some how?OS is Windows 10

• Casual Listener
  • When Spotify starts it changes the pixeling from 1920x1080 to 800x600, and when I turn Spotify off it turns back to 1920x1080. Can I change this so it stays in 1920x1080 some how? OS is Windows 10 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicate cache (default and custom location)

As my C: drive is way smaller than the drive I've changed Spotify settings to store cache under which seems to work fine.. But the problem is that it's still saving cache on C: as well... Every few months or so I have to clear data from:C:\Users\$use...

• Casual Listener
  • As my C: drive is way smaller than the 😧 drive I've changed Spotify settings to store cache under 😧 which seems to work fine.. But the problem is that it's still saving cache on C: as well... ...
  • Danelf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

What the **bleep** happened to the most listened place chart inside About Tab?

I recently update spotify and soon I discovered that something was missing.I found it very useful to know the 5 list of places where each artist was most listened. Why do yo simple delete that chart on About Tab. I do not care if one artist has 20k o...

• Regular
  • I recently update spotify and soon I discovered that something was missing. I found it very useful to know the 5 list of  places where each artist was most listened. Why do yo simple delet...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify opens during start-up

Spotify opens during the start up of my computer even though I have disabled this option. How can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance

• Spotify opens during the start up of my computer even though I have disabled this option. How can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance  
  • jn_mag
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback Issues

Is anyone having trouble with Hurt by Johnny Cash? Everytime I try to listen to that song, it cuts off at 1:52. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.

• Is anyone having trouble with Hurt by Johnny Cash? Everytime I try to listen to that song, it cuts off at 1:52. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes