Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Spotify, THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE. Honestly the lower user engagement clearly came from you not knowing how to do a basic messaging inbox. This was by far my favorite feature and I have honestly lost touch with friends who love music as much as I do as...

• Spotify,   THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE. Honestly the lower user engagement clearly came from you not knowing how to do a basic messaging inbox. This was by far my favorite feature and I have honest...
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

Can't unfollow playlist

Hi! With version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 seems to be impossible to unfollow playlist. The option is in mouse menu, but nothing happens. Wild Guess: username has changed and the original playlist does not exist. The playlist is 'Finland Top 50'. Original...

• Roadie
  • Hi!  With version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 seems to be impossible to unfollow playlist. The option is in mouse menu, but nothing happens. Wild Guess: username has changed and the original playlist d...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Queue

With the updated spotify web player it seems that it no longer allows you to add a specific song in to the queue to play next? Please tell me they didn't remove this feature! If I'm playing a playlist but want to hear a song that's not in that playli...

• Casual Listener
  • With the updated spotify web player it seems that it no longer allows you to add a specific song in to the queue to play next?  Please tell me they didn't remove this feature! If I'm playing a p...
  • ElChicoGrande
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify and users with assistive programs (Jaws, ZoomTexst)

I wonder if anyone knows if Spotify is working towards meking the apps more accessible for users who are dependent of assistive pgrograms, such as Jaws (Braille) and ZoomTexst (reader and magnifier)? As of today, I find no compatibility for ZoomTexst...

• Regular
  • I wonder if anyone knows if Spotify is working towards meking the apps more accessible for users who are dependent of assistive pgrograms, such as Jaws (Braille) and ZoomTexst (reader and magnifier)?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files no longer appearing

I downloaded a few .MP3 files, remixes, to add to a playlist. At first they showed and played just fine but now only one of them appears under 'Local Files' and the playlist I'd initially put them in. I'm not sure why that is, any ideas on a solution...

• Regular
  • I downloaded a few .MP3 files, remixes, to add to a playlist. At first they showed and played just fine but now only one of them appears under 'Local Files' and the playlist I'd initially put them in...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify window stuck under taskbar

An image = 1000 words, so here: This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/1400429 The issue happens you open Spotify for the first time. T...

window under taskbar 1.jpg
  • Regular
  • An image = 1000 words, so here:  This issue is not new, here is another post about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-stuck-behind-taskbar/td-p/14...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY WON'T PLAY ANY SONGS (CHROME APP) - WIN10

What is the problem now? First I couldn't delete any playlists and someone told me to download the desktop version and do it. I did that and then deleted this version only to find the Chrome App version won't play songs anymore.What seems to be the p...

• Roadie
  • What is the problem now? First I couldn't delete any playlists and someone told me to download the desktop version and do it. I did that and then deleted this version only to find the Chrome App vers...
  • artful_dodger59
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

So in case anyone was wondering, Spotify is reading these hundreds and hundreds of comments and choosing not to reply. Someone else just posted a comment about looking for an alternate solution and finding a competitor that offers social interaction....

• Casual Listener
  • So in case anyone was wondering, Spotify is reading these hundreds and hundreds of comments and choosing not to reply.     Someone else just posted a comment about looking for an alternat...
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! Spotify isnt using ANY Audio Device, yet I can still hear the music?

So, Im trying to stream a little again, and heres the issue: Even though I hear all the music I play through my headphones with absolutely no issue, Windows is actually telling me that Im not. When I record the entire Audio Output to stream it, the m...

Issue.PNG
  • Regular
  • So, Im trying to stream a little again, and heres the issue:   Even though I hear all the music I play through my headphones with absolutely no issue, Windows is actually telling me that Im no...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop Plays The Wrong Songs, They Keep Making Spotify WORSE With Every Update!

I am SO sick and tired of spotify!! I pay for premium and have NO problem paying for a service that works right but for the love of *insert preferred deity here* they keep making their own service worse every time!This is an example of my issues....P...

• Casual Listener
  • I am SO sick and tired of spotify!!  I pay for premium and have NO problem paying for a service that works right but for the love of *insert preferred deity here* they keep making their own serv...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Incorrect Song

Hello, When selecting an artist from 'Your Music', whenever I select a song in the list, it automatically plays a different song in the list. It will still shuffle correctly, I just cannot select a particular song without it playing a different song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   When selecting an artist from 'Your Music', whenever I select a song in the list, it automatically plays a different song in the list. It will still shuffle correctly, I just cannot s...
  • TehBigMac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle won't play songs recently added to a playlist

Hi! I just added a bunch of new music to my starred playlist, but when I shuffle the playlist none of the new music comes up in the queue. There's about 47 new tracks that won't play on this playlist of 436 songs total. Help please!

• Hi! I just added a bunch of new music to my starred playlist, but when I shuffle the playlist none of the new music comes up in the queue. There's about 47 new tracks that won't play on this playlist...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify playlists made on my PC are not syncing on other devices

I have made playlists on my computer but when I go to use my phone or other computers the playlists are not there. HELP!!!

• Casual Listener
  • I have made playlists on my computer but when I go to use my phone or other computers the playlists are not there.    HELP!!!
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

@Roko1 - Interesting. Do you know if this bot-feature will be made to function via desktop as well? It is untolarable that the functionality is not the same on phone and desktop. - I guess many of us who love to share music with individual friends li...

• Regular
  • @Roko1 - Interesting. Do you know if this bot-feature will be made to function via desktop as well? It is untolarable that the functionality is not the same on phone and desktop. - I guess many ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Clipboard

I made a collabrative playlist that i would like to share with my friends, unfortunately, there is only one way i can share it with them, and that way being "Copy URL". For some reason, it keeps telling me that the URL got copied to the "ClipBoard". ...

• I made a collabrative playlist that i would like to share with my friends, unfortunately, there is only one way i can share it with them, and that way being "Copy URL". For some reason, it keeps tell...
  • sophialouise12
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting how it's the users paying for the Premium who get to suffer from their money raising efforts. So...If you're all with Facebook now, why not make Spotify completely free? I'm not going to pay to use Facebook, this is worse than extortion. ...

• Regular
  • Interesting how it's the users paying for the Premium who get to suffer from their money raising efforts.   So... If you're all with Facebook now, why not make Spotify completely free? I'm no...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! cant log in new W10 laptop

Setting up new laptop and using old one for this post. Have downloaded and installed windows programme which opens at the log in page. Allows me to enter username and password but the screen seems locked as cant change the remember me button which is...

• Casual Listener
  • Setting up new laptop and using old one for this post. Have downloaded and installed windows programme which opens at the log in page. Allows me to enter username and password but the screen see...
  • alistair94
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

That's what I call selling your soul to the devil.

• That's what I call selling your soul to the devil.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes