Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Top Artists / Tracks missing

What happened to the top artists and top tracks from my profile i have the setting on to show these but they are no where to be found on my profile?

• What happened to the top artists and top tracks from my profile i have the setting on to show these but they are no where to be found on my profile?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with playing certain music

For the past week or so, everytime I try to play a song from the Divide album by Ed Sheeran, every single song skips around at the beginning and then abruptly skips to the very last words of the song and ends. I have no idea what is happening, but an...

• For the past week or so, everytime I try to play a song from the Divide album by Ed Sheeran, every single song skips around at the beginning and then abruptly skips to the very last words of the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving playlists not working

I was moving a playlist (A) up to the top of my list for easier access. I accidentally dropped it underneath another playlist (B), and so now it's accidentally a sub-playlist. I tried to move Playlist A out from underneath Playlist B. I cannot. Playl...

• Music Fan
  • I was moving a playlist (A) up to the top of my list for easier access. I accidentally dropped it underneath another playlist (B), and so now it's accidentally a sub-playlist. I tried to move Playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing

Since update, Spotify is crashing after every 3rd or 4th song. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? It started happening Monday. I noticed when I opened Spotify that it 'installed' something (update?) I'm run...

• Casual Listener
  • Since update, Spotify is crashing after every 3rd or 4th song.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  Any thoughts on why this might be happening?  It started happening Monday.  I no...
  • Supersox
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Poor quality playback on In My Life, Beatles

Do other people hear a varying sound quality on this song? It fades in and out during playback for me (HP laptop, Windows 10)

• Do other people hear a varying sound quality on this song? It fades in and out during playback for me (HP laptop, Windows 10)
  • limonwithchile
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

djay Pro app for Windows - No tracks available

Hello everyone,I have an issue with djay Pro app for Windows. I cannot load tracks on the decks, they are greyed out and the app says that the tracks are unavailable, but if I start the preview I can listen to the songs, so there must be a glitch som...

• Roadie
  • Hello everyone, I have an issue with djay Pro app for Windows. I cannot load tracks on the decks, they are greyed out and the app says that the tracks are unavailable, but if I start the preview I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] [Windows 10] Spotify crashes after 2 songs

HelloI am using Spotify desktop on windows 10 and when I start it, it crashes after few songs, mostly after 2 songs, but it's not always the same. It just plays few songs and at the end of song (mostly its second one), it crashes.I have tried reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I am using Spotify desktop on windows 10 and when I start it, it crashes after few songs, mostly after 2 songs, but it's not always the same. It just plays few songs and at the end of son...
  • LexTertia
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

First of followers

This may seem random, but I was just wondering why some followers show up first on your list and others show up later, regardless of how long they have been following me. Thanks!

• This may seem random, but I was just wondering why some followers show up first on your list and others show up later, regardless of how long they have been following me. Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Thank you for this. I started using Deezer today. I imported almost all of my playlists from Spotify to Deezer with Spotizr. It works just fine. Great!

• Regular
  • Thank you for this. I started using Deezer today. I imported almost all of my playlists from Spotify to Deezer with Spotizr. It works just fine. Great!
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

This was one of the few features keeping me faithful with Spotify. Been a longtime subscriber over multiple years. Will be looking for new alternatives.

• Casual Listener
  • This was one of the few features keeping me faithful with Spotify. Been a longtime subscriber over multiple years. Will be looking for new alternatives.
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Problem

Hi Guys,I Have a Spotify account but an ''Iphone'' connected to this account and i can't listen to my music, i changed my password et i don't know, How I Can Deconnect him from the accountThank you very much, for an answer

• Hi Guys, I Have a Spotify account but an ''Iphone'' connected to this account and i can't listen to my music, i changed my password et i don't know, How I Can Deconnect him from the account Tha...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

@alfa23 - your post might be short lived but thank​ you SO MUCH for that info! Hope everyone gets to see it before they remove it :). This answers the exact questions I had about Deezer. Looking at their support FAQ it's not 100% of what Spotify used...

• Casual Listener
  • @alfa23 - your post might be short lived but thank​ you SO MUCH for that info! Hope everyone gets to see it before they remove it :). This answers the exact questions I had about Deezer. Looking at t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

@irenekaoru @jazzyjez @debauchee - like jazzyjez I used the Spotizr app [Deezer has apps!] and successfully transferred 97% of my Spotify playlists & library; job done - they even chucked in a free week of Premium! Then yesterday I noticed in my soci...

• Casual Listener
  • @irenekaoru @jazzyjez @debauchee - like jazzyjez I used the Spotizr app [Deezer has apps!] and successfully transferred 97% of my Spotify playlists & library; job done - they even chucked in a fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Volume control

Hey, is there a possibility to link the spotify volume control with the general windows volume control? I use Spotify connect with an extern speaker and want to control the volume by just changing the windows volume (my mouse can only change the gene...

• Hey,   is there a possibility to link the spotify volume control with the general windows volume control? I use Spotify connect with an extern speaker and want to control the volume by just ch...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Almost sold by Deezer simply because they have a delete cache button!

• Visitor
  • Almost sold by Deezer simply because they have a delete cache button!
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

@irenekaoruI've downloaded the Deezer desktop app and transferred my Spotify playlists to it using Spotizr. My initial thoughts are: the layout is not as intuitive as Spotify and will take some getting used to. However, there are an extra 10 million ...

• Roadie
  • @irenekaoru I've downloaded the Deezer desktop app and transferred my Spotify playlists to it using Spotizr. My initial thoughts are: the layout is not as intuitive as Spotify and will take some get...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Hey, what other services are you all considering? I really don't want to go with Apple music, I am too entangled with Apple already. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts about alternatives to replace Spotify, that have messaging.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, what other services are you all considering? I really don't want to go with Apple music, I am too entangled with Apple already. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts about alternatives t...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't Share to followers, the button is greyed out

Desktop version, premium user I want to share a song to my followers, I follow them and they follow me, but the share button is greyed out, I have my friends feed at view, what I share would show up in their feed?, Can't I share because I don't have ...

• Desktop version, premium user   I want to share a song to my followers, I follow them and they follow me, but the share button is greyed out, I have my friends feed at view, what I share would...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I've posted here before and simply want to post again, because I can cannot believe that this feature is gone. And I'm kinda mad at Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • I've posted here before and simply want to post again, because I can cannot believe that this feature is gone. And I'm kinda mad at Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Shuffle multiple play lists

Spoiler (Highlight to read)I created a folder with multiple play lists as suggesting on this forum. I want to be able to shuffle play through all playlists. I'm trying to trouble shoot this now and it isn't working. I have premium on desktop. Is it s...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a folder with multiple play lists as suggesting on this forum.  I want to be able to shuffle play through all playlists.  I'm trying to trouble shoot this now and it isn't working...
  • Clicklique007
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes