Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify window never shows

I'm on Windows 10. Whenever I start Spotify, nothing shows up, but if I go into Task Manager it shows the process running and using 20-25% CPU. I let it go and nothing happens. I tried to uninstall (after ensuring I killed all Spotify processes) to t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on Windows 10. Whenever I start Spotify, nothing shows up, but if I go into Task Manager it shows the process running and using 20-25% CPU. I let it go and nothing happens. I tried to uninstall (...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desperate need of help

Right, I was desperately trying to get my Spotify to store offline playlists on my HDD instead of my SDD.I tried the work around that someone posted where you use command prompt and follow these steps:1/ Close spotify (make sure it isn't just minimiz...

• Right, I was desperately trying to get my Spotify to store offline playlists on my HDD instead of my SDD. I tried the work around that someone posted where you use command prompt and follow t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific song's getting stuck...

I am trying to play a song: Dolce Francia LIVE - Carla Bruni and it goes well until 6 seconds, then it goes to a loop and then suddenly skips to the next song in the playlist.I've tried cleanning everything. I've uninstalled the program, deleted data...

• I am trying to play a song: Dolce Francia LIVE - Carla Bruni and it goes well until 6 seconds, then it goes to a loop and then suddenly skips to the next song in the playlist. I've tried cleanning e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Going back to homepage randomly

Hello, On windows 10 desktop, Spotify is randomly going back to homepage with and without material acceleration. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   On windows 10 desktop, Spotify is randomly going back to homepage with and without material acceleration.   Thank you.
  • Mara_F
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Flytta Spotify premium från Telia

Har haft Spotify premium via mitt Telia abonnemang som är avslutat för en vecka sedan. Tanken är att jag ska registrera nytt direkt via Spotify. På min Spotify sida står det fortfarande att jag är ansluten via Telia och jag måste vända mig till Telia...

• Har haft Spotify premium via mitt Telia abonnemang som är avslutat för en vecka sedan. Tanken är att jag ska registrera nytt direkt via Spotify. På min Spotify sida står det fortfarande att jag är an...
  • samhainsally
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Old library to Spotify

Hi!Before starting this topic, I apologize if this question has already asked before, and to clarify that I am not talking about importing music from my local files (media player, downloads nor library) to the app. OK! Before Spotify, all my music wa...

• Regular
  • Hi! Before starting this topic, I apologize if this question has already asked before, and to clarify that I am not talking about importing music from my local files (media player, downloads nor lib...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song name is translated when put in Up Next or a playlist

This song: https://open.spotify.com/track/6CsMd91gWWntqjZfXAScWeWhen I view the album, it shows up as Dream Lantern, but when I move it to a playlist or Up Next, it become Yumetourou. This happens on Windows desktop and Android mobile. I would apprec...

• Casual Listener
  • This song: https://open.spotify.com/track/6CsMd91gWWntqjZfXAScWe When I view the album, it shows up as Dream Lantern, but when I move it to a playlist or Up Next, it become Yumetourou. This hap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ridiculous color scheme, and can't find way to change

I have been putting it off for a while, but I just tried to find a way to change this horrible color scheme and can't find anything. I mean, finding scroll bars and such shouldn't take more time than searching for a song. I am pretty sure if I wasn't...

• Regular
  • I have been putting it off for a while, but I just tried to find a way to change this horrible color scheme and can't find anything. I mean, finding scroll bars and such shouldn't take more time than...
  • rmspot
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle is Broken!

This is so annoying,Everytime I play my "songs" playlist it only shuffles up the latest 20 trakcs based on how the playlist is sorted by, so for example if I sort the playlist by artist name, the only songs it will play are artists that begin with A ...

• This is so annoying, Everytime I play my "songs" playlist it only shuffles up the latest 20 trakcs based on how the playlist is sorted by, so for example if I sort the playlist by artist name, the o...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music plays on phone simultaneously while using desktop app

This has been happening for at least the past week or so, but when I start playing on song on the desktop app, my phone will also start playing the song. If I click the "Devices Available" it shows as Listening on This Computer. The music will stop p...

• This has been happening for at least the past week or so, but when I start playing on song on the desktop app, my phone will also start playing the song. If I click the "Devices Available" it shows a...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song glitched?

Some of the songs I use, only work on my phone and not on my computer. Is this fixable?

• Some of the songs I use, only work on my phone and not on my computer. Is this fixable?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Não consigo instalar Spotfy no laptop

Tinha o Spotfy funcionando normal no meu laptop Windows 10. Começou a parar a reprodução e vir a mensagem que não era possível reproduzir a música no momento. Desinstalei e agora não consigo reinstalar. Demora e vem a mensagem que não estou conectado...

• Tinha o Spotfy funcionando normal no meu laptop Windows 10. Começou a parar a reprodução e vir a mensagem que não era possível reproduzir a música no momento.  Desinstalei e agora não consigo r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dragging songs around the application

Spotify version: 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ecWindows version: 10, 64 bit Dragging tracks in the applications seems to be broken, no adorner is attached to the mouse upon drag, and track isn't added to destination Broken functionality includesbut is not limit...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify version: 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec Windows version: 10, 64 bit   Dragging tracks in the applications seems to be broken, no adorner is attached to the mouse upon drag, and track isn't...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dragging
    tracks
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 101 & "offline"

Hey guys! I've had an ongoing issue for a couple of days now and it's getting annoying! I use Windows 10 and I've had Spotify for a while; it's been running smoothly. The other day I turned on my laptop and Spotify said it was "offline" even though I...

• Hey guys!  I've had an ongoing issue for a couple of days now and it's getting annoying! I use Windows 10 and I've had Spotify for a while; it's been running smoothly.  The other day I tu...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can´t open or delete Spotify

Hey guys, yesterday i tried to open Spotify .... double click....... nothing happend. I watched at the taskmanager and it seems that Spotify is open but not showed by my Pc. If i try to uninstall my pc is telling me that the programm is still running...

• Hey guys,   yesterday i tried to open Spotify .... double click....... nothing happend. I watched at the taskmanager and it seems that Spotify is open but not showed by my Pc. If i try to unin...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's "Top Recommendations For You" not recommending music I listen to

Hello, I've had a problem with Spotify almost only recommending Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal bands in my "Top Recommendations For You" for quite some time now, this is really annoying since I only listen to some music within those genres, and on rare...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I've had a problem with Spotify almost only recommending Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal bands in my "Top Recommendations For You" for quite some time now, this is really annoying since I only li...
  • Psytex
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Message to receiver of new play on list

When I share a new play into a facebook friends shared play list does the friend receiver get a message in spotify of this updated shared play list?

• Gig Goer
  • When I share a new play into a facebook friends shared play list does the friend receiver get a message in spotify of this updated shared play list?
  • kstrid
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music

Recently i have downloaded a playlist to my desktop (Windows), but i have decided to not keep this saved anymore in my PC. So, i just uncheck the "Avaliable Offline" button, but, when i'm offline, i could keep listen the downloaded playlist, even aft...

• Recently i have downloaded a playlist to my desktop (Windows), but i have decided to not keep this saved anymore in my PC. So, i just uncheck the "Avaliable Offline" button, but, when i'm offline, i ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't start or uninstall

My spotify won't start and when I try to uninstall it, it won't. I tried to uninstall it through the control panel, using Advanced SystemCare Uninstaller and CCleaner and nothing worked. I tried to uninstall it in Safe Mode using all of the options a...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify won't start and when I try to uninstall it, it won't. I tried to uninstall it through the control panel, using Advanced SystemCare Uninstaller and CCleaner and nothing worked. I tried to u...
  • kivutar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes