Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • morefluff
  • Regular
  • 262 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 262 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Useful History?

Hey. I'm looking for songs I listened to last week, sadly I listen to more than 50 songs a week (what a joke on spotifys side, why is the "History" so short? Can't even really call it history, that's like my last hour of music)Is there no solution th...

• Regular
  • Hey. I'm looking for songs I listened to last week, sadly I listen to more than 50 songs a week (what a joke on spotifys side, why is the "History" so short? Can't even really call it history, that's...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty Playlist

Hi, I had a playlist with songs by Boris Savchuk & Pavel Levin, I have just tried to open that playlist but it is now empty & also when I search for either of these artists nothing comes up, any idea please? thanks

• Regular
  • Hi, I had a playlist with songs by Boris Savchuk & Pavel Levin, I have just tried to open that playlist but it is now empty & also when I search for either of these artists nothing comes up, ...
  • jools-3-3
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous "Can't play the current song." error

Hello, I am repeatedly getting an error that the songs I select to play can't be played. Occasionally, the song will play partially (in the current case, it has processed through 1:11 of the song, 3:49 total) and then fail to play, giving the error b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am repeatedly getting an error that the songs I select to play can't be played. Occasionally, the song will play partially (in the current case, it has processed through 1:11 of the...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

(SOLVED) Can't search [both on the android mobile and windows desktop client]

Hi, For some reason, Spotify is completely unable to search both on my desktop and my phone. When I hit enter, it says "oops, something went wrong" and trying again, whether by clicking on "try again" or trying manually, doesn't work. It plays my pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   For some reason, Spotify is completely unable to search both on my desktop and my phone. When I hit enter, it says "oops, something went wrong" and trying again, whether by clicking on "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

only able to sync some local files, not all

I just uploaded my entire music library (17,000 tracks) to Spotify and I am noticing that some stay greyed out while others are white. The white ones can be synced to my device but the grey ones cannot. Some of the grey ones are purchased, and some a...

• I just uploaded my entire music library (17,000 tracks) to Spotify and I am noticing that some stay greyed out while others are white. The white ones can be synced to my device but the grey ones cann...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song seek lagging?

It seems there's a delay of 1-3 seconds when setting seeker to mid-song for an example. Used to be instant. Doesn't happen only to me, verified this with three other people, everyone has this. What's up with that?

• Regular
  • It seems there's a delay of 1-3 seconds when setting seeker to mid-song for an example.  Used to be instant.  Doesn't happen only to me, verified this with three other people, everyone ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Not Playing Music

I was listening to music like normal. I lost internet for about two minutes (literally). After that, Spotify won't play anything at all. It says that every single track is 'unavailable' and can't be played. So it just cycles through my playlist perpe...

• Regular
  • I was listening to music like normal. I lost internet for about two minutes (literally). After that, Spotify won't play anything at all. It says that every single track is 'unavailable' and can't be ...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I download spotify music from my windows 10 to my iPod?

I have an origional iPod, but I want to download my spotify music on it since I dont want to pay iTunes for every song. I have spotify downloaded, and my iPod hooked up. They must be synced in some way, because I managed to make all of my iPod's musi...

• I have an origional iPod, but I want to download my spotify music on it since I dont want to pay iTunes for every song. I have spotify downloaded, and my iPod hooked up. They must be synced in some w...
  • MarkStringer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i can't find my own profile

i can't find my profile and people can't look me up, any solutions thanks?

• Casual Listener
  • i can't find my profile and people can't look  me up,  any solutions thanks?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

OTS AV

I have been using OTS AV to DJ for many, many years... Back before laptops I carted a tower drive and huge, heavy screen around to do weddings and events using what was callled OTS JUKEOTS AV would see off a lot of it's competition with its seamless ...

• Visitor
  • I have been using OTS AV to DJ for many, many years... Back before laptops I carted a tower drive and huge, heavy screen around to do weddings and events using what was callled OTS JUKE OTS AV w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded songs are gone

today I started spotify and saw that my downloaded songs are gone! The lists are still there but it doesn't show them as downloaded and when I open a track it starts to download. It's a massive problem for me to download them all over again since my ...

• today I started spotify and saw that my downloaded songs are gone! The lists are still there but it doesn't show them as downloaded and when I open a track it starts to download. It's a massive probl...
  • Tatrii
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Has the shuffle function been fixed yet?

I recently put together a huge playlist for me and a few friends to listen/add to as and when - currently sitting at just over 12 hours long - however when using the shuffle function I'm still hearing the same 30 or so songs over and over again. It's...

•   I recently put together a huge playlist for me and a few friends to listen/add to as and when - currently sitting at just over 12 hours long - however when using the shuffle function I'm stil...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Change from free to premium: playlists deleted :(

Hello,well, my situation is a little complicated, that's why i couldn't find answer at support page...1. I had a spotify free account, registered only with my facebook account.2. I was invited to a spotify family, so i had to change to premium. For t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, well, my situation is a little complicated, that's why i couldn't find answer at support page... 1. I had a spotify free account, registered only with my facebook account. 2. I was invited ...
  • hidetoshi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving mail notifications from spotify

I have the option on, and i see that artists are releasing music but since 9th of november i'm not receiving any mails

• Music Fan
  • I have the option on, and i see that artists are releasing music but since 9th of november i'm not receiving any mails
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Ends Song Early

While using Spotify on my PC it will end one song early about 1 - 2 minutes before the song is supposed to end and go to the next song queued. It will complete this process over and over. I have disabled the crossfade and reinstalled the application....

• Casual Listener
  • While using Spotify on my PC it will end one song early about 1 - 2 minutes before the song is supposed to end and go to the next song queued. It will complete this process over and over. I have disa...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the current windows 7 client? I have 1.0.45 but I read there are more current

Greetings, I am trying to solve an issue where my menus on my windows 7 client are empty (hence I can't get to preferences - see my other post). I see there are more recent versions out there but I can't locate a good link (and I want to be careful)....

• Regular
  • Greetings,   I am trying to solve an issue where my menus on my windows 7 client are empty (hence I can't get to preferences - see my other post).  I see there are more recent versions ou...
  • drosenth
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Drag and drop playlists into folders does not work

I am unable to place playlists into folders. When I drag a playlist to a folder, the "+" box appears to indicate the playlist will be placed into the folder. When I let go of the mouse button, the playlist is inserted above the folder instead of insi...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to place playlists into folders. When I drag a playlist to a folder, the "+" box appears to indicate the playlist will be placed into the folder. When I let go of the mouse button, t...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No preferences option - Edit menu only shows "delete" - windows 7 client

Greetings, I have been trying to solve this for days and I just can't solve it. My edit menu on my latest windows 7 install only shows "delete" in the edit menu. There are other menus that aren't right either. I have done a tremendous amount of searc...

• Regular
  • Greetings,   I have been trying to solve this for days and I just can't solve it.  My edit menu on my latest windows 7 install only shows "delete" in the edit menu.  There are other ...
  • drosenth
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify website is in Swedish, but I'm in the US

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I go to https://www.spotify.com, it redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/se/ That'd be cool and all except for the fact that I'm not in Sweden, nor can I read Swedish. Not sure what to do Any help would...

• Regular
  • I'm not exactly sure what happened, but when I go to https://www.spotify.com, it redirects me to https://www.spotify.com/se/   That'd be cool and all except for the fact that I'm not...
  • toasterface
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music output is broken

Since the last update Spotify completely ignores my Asus Rog motherboard audio settings... Bass boost, equalizer, whatever... No matter what i've tried it does not react at all when fiddling with the audio settings.... Everything else does, but not S...

• Since the last update Spotify completely ignores my Asus Rog motherboard audio settings... Bass boost, equalizer, whatever... No matter what i've tried it does not react at all when fiddling with the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes