Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Local and streamed songs do not shuffle correctly together

I have a playlist with both local and streaming songs from the same artist. The local songs are not available on Spotify, and thus do not match with any albums on there. When I shuffle the whole playlist, all of the local songs are shuffled first, an...

• Regular
  • I have a playlist with both local and streaming songs from the same artist. The local songs are not available on Spotify, and thus do not match with any albums on there. When I shuffle the whole...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Number of songs

I understand that the maximum numbert of songs in a spotify collection is currently 10,000. How can I tell how close I am to the limit?Is there are max number of Playlists? How can I do a QUICK count?

• Casual Listener
  • I understand that the maximum numbert of songs in a spotify collection is currently 10,000. How can I tell how close I am to the limit? Is there are max number of Playlists? How can I do a QUICK cou...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing during startup.

Spotify keeps crashing during startup.Have 2 win 10 pc, and one windows phone. Spotify keeps restarting all the time.

• Spotify keeps crashing during startup.Have 2 win 10 pc, and one windows phone. Spotify keeps restarting all the time.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not downloading

When I click the download button on my PC and Iphone, it says that my local files are downloaded but they are still grey on both my PC and iphone and I cannot play them on my iphone. Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • When I click the download button on my PC and Iphone, it says that my local files are downloaded but they are still grey on both my PC and iphone and I cannot play them on my iphone. Is there a way t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Se cierra la aplicación

Al abrir la aplicación funciona con normalidad, pero al cabo de unos minutos se cierra y vuelve a abrirse parando la reprducción de la música. No me sale ningun error ni mensaje por el estilo. Tengo cuenta premium, y lo uso desde mi pc con sistema Wi...

• Al abrir la aplicación funciona con normalidad, pero al cabo de unos minutos se cierra y vuelve a abrirse parando la reprducción de la música. No me sale ningun error ni mensaje por el estilo. Tengo ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account only possible with the Android App / Desktop not working!

This really is getting on my nervs. I just paid for a three month testing package installed the desktop version on my pc but it isn't possible to play one single song. No thumbnails are displayed and every time I try to play a song it says that this ...

• Casual Listener
  • This really is getting on my nervs. I just paid for a three month testing package installed the desktop version on my pc but it isn't possible to play one single song. No thumbnails are displayed and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] [Updated] Playing a spotify song then a local song does not change the album art usually.

Since the last update I have been having issues with local songs and their album art showing the last song's album art. This happens only with switching from online songs to local songs and was not like this before this last update. 1.0.43.123.g80176...

• Gig Goer
  • Since the last update I have been having issues with local songs and their album art showing the last song's album art. This happens only with switching from online songs to local songs and was not l...
  • chiefjoboo
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile picture in desktop version always missing

Hi,My profile picture in desktop version of Spotify is always missing when I start the program. I have got a default line-art head instead. I always have to upload my own picture again. It stays as long as I use Spotify, but when I restart it's missi...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, My profile picture in desktop version of Spotify is always missing when I start the program. I have got a default line-art head instead. I always have to upload my own picture again. It stays as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard Play/Pause Button Wont Work When Spotify is Minimised

Starting today, my play/pause button wont work when spotify is minimised, i'm pretty sure it isnt my keyboard because it works with other programs and it stopped working when i updated spotify. My keyboard is a Saitek Cyborg keyboard, when spotify is...

• Starting today, my play/pause button wont work when spotify is minimised, i'm pretty sure it isnt my keyboard because it works with other programs and it stopped working when i updated spotify. ...
  • CptSteve7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't pause/switch song when window is minimized

I'm using the desktop app for Windows and every previous version of Spotify but the latest update has made it possible for me to switch and play/pause songs using the designated keys on my Acer SK-9621 keyboard when the program window is minimized. I...

• Regular
  • I'm using the desktop app for Windows and every previous version of Spotify but the latest update has made it possible for me to switch and play/pause songs using the designated keys on my Acer SK-96...
  • EnRakKurva
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Unable to be Available Offline on Desktop (Spotify Premium)

I am a Spotify Premium user but the Download/Available Offline toggle button is not found in Songs list on my desktop. However, the toggle button is found in the playlists that I follow and also on my iPhone. I believe my desktop has been removed fro...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify Premium user but the Download/Available Offline toggle button is not found in Songs list on my desktop.    However, the toggle button is found in the playlists that I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

best extension or ap for getting lyrics.

What is the best extension or ap for getting lyrics. I have tried several but it won't work

• Casual Listener
  • What is the best extension or ap for getting lyrics. I have tried several but it won't work
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change "liked from the radio" playlist

Ok, here's the thing: I have created a playlist from the songs i liked from the radio (you know, by clicking the "like" button in the radio), I changed the name of the list, but when I "like" new songs from the radio they still go to this same playli...

• Ok, here's the thing: I have created a playlist from the songs i liked from the radio (you know, by clicking the "like" button in the radio), I changed the name of the list, but when I "like" new son...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Most of my albums are missing from the "Albums" tab

Most of my albums don't show up when I'm on the web player but when I search for the albums that are missing it says they're already saved. Also I can see all of my albums on my phone just not on the web player if anyone knows whats going on here I w...

• Most of my albums don't show up when I'm on the web player but when I search for the albums that are missing it says they're already saved. Also I can see all of my albums on my phone just not on the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I download music from Spotify to MP3 file on Windows?

I want to have a specific album that has songs not available in my country. It's from my favourite band and I want to download it on my phone. I already use a good converter for videos but, I don't know any to download from Spotify. Anyone got ideas?...

• I want to have a specific album that has songs not available in my country. It's from my favourite band and I want to download it on my phone. I already use a good converter for videos but, I don't k...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant.Open.Spotify.At.All

I click on the icon and nothing happens. My mouse shows the loading thingy with the spinning circle then returns to normal. Spotify webhelpers still running in details tho. Also cant uninstall because nothing happens after clicking uninstall in contr...

• Casual Listener
  • I click on the icon and nothing happens. My mouse shows the loading thingy with the spinning circle then returns to normal. Spotify webhelpers still running in details tho. Also cant uninstall becaus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle not working on desktop version

The shuffle function on my laptop has an odd habit of only picking the next 50 or so songs in the playlist I have selected. This however is only a problem on my computer; the iOS shuffle version works wonderfully. A comparision between the shuffled s...

Shuffle on my computer.PNG Shuffle on my phone.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • The  shuffle function on my laptop has an odd habit of only picking the next 50 or so songs in the playlist I have selected. This however is only a problem on my computer; the iOS shuffle v...
  • sophie9709
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of key features

Dear Spotify community,I´m a Spotify user since around 2 years now and it really sets me of how they are dealing with us customers. There are things that are just not justifyable. THERE ARE KEY FEATURES A PROGRAMM NEEDS TO HAVE IF IT CALLS SOCIAL! Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify community, I´m a Spotify user since around 2 years now and it really sets me of how they are dealing with us customers. There are things that are just not justifyable. THERE ARE KEY FEA...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is constantly restarting

In practice, once or twice a minute while listening to music, the application is restarted on its own, what is the solution?

• In practice, once or twice a minute while listening to music, the application is restarted on its own, what is the solution?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account won't play any music (music unavailable error)

Hi, I've just installed Spotify on a new PC running Windows 10 and despite allowing Spotify in my Firewall settings, I can't play any music. Every track I try and play results in a blue bar popping up saying 'This song is not available. If you have t...

• Hi, I've just installed Spotify on a new PC running Windows 10 and despite allowing Spotify in my Firewall settings,  I can't play any music. Every track I try and play results in a blue bar pop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes