Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Cannot interact with Artist or Browse

I have had issues with latest spotify. I finally got most of it back with Safe mode download. But Artist page or Browse page are all white and I cannot access anything other than my songs. Please help.

• Regular
  • I have had issues with latest spotify.  I finally got most of it back with Safe mode download.  But Artist page or Browse page are all white and I cannot access anything other than my songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing music with people

I am trying to share music with friends on here. I can only do this with certain people who I am facebook friends with. I try to share with my boyfriend who is not on facebook, and I have no idea how to share using his spotify username. I do the norm...

• I am trying to share music with friends on here. I can only do this with certain people who I am facebook friends with. I try to share with my boyfriend who is not on facebook, and I have no idea how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting Spotify URL or sharing to Facebook creates blank message

Hi there, when I post the url of a spotify playlist, it looks fine in the facebook preview and news feed but when the post goes 'live' this is what you see on the actual page. the workaround doesnt work for me. any suggestions? :

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi there, when I post the url of a spotify playlist, it looks fine in the facebook preview and news feed but when the post goes 'live' this is what you see on the actual page. the workaround ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows desktop and Android phone

Hello, Ok, I am new to Spotify so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. If my family is home listening from the Windows desktop and I am at the gym listening from my Android, either I shut them down at home completely or they shut me down at...

• Hello,   Ok, I am new to Spotify so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.   If my family is home listening from the Windows desktop and I am at the gym listening from my Androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Button shows when you hover over a friends picture...

Hey All, a friend noticed that a play button appears when you hover over a friend's picture in the 'messages' window... but when you click it all it does is blow away your play queue..... I'm assuming that's NOT what's supposed to happen... and I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All,   a friend noticed that a play button appears when you hover over a friend's picture in the 'messages' window... but when you click it all it does is blow away your play queue..... ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows; in device playlist window, cannot see all playlists

I cannot see all my playlists under DEVICES (big window to the right) on WIN desktop. It would be cool if I could, much easier to organize and get an overview on desktop than on an Ipod etc.. Obivously there must be a limit to how many that can be sh...

• Roadie
  • I cannot see all my playlists under DEVICES (big window to the right) on WIN desktop. It would be cool if I could, much easier to organize and get an overview on desktop than on an Ipod etc.. &nbsp...
  • spitspotpremium
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I don't want anyone to find my account.

Hey, i just don't want people to follow me. I also don't want them to see who i follow or my playlists. What can i do?

• Hey, i just don't want people to follow me. I also don't want them to see who i follow or my playlists. What can i do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search feature is so limited...

I am running the latest version of spotify in my windows 8 laptop and I wonder how I can search for query in an existing playlist? My classical music playlist just passed the 500 songs mark and there seems to be no easy way to find a song. Classical ...

• Roadie
  • I am running the latest version of spotify in my windows 8 laptop and I wonder how I can search for query in an existing playlist?  My classical music playlist just passed the 500 songs mark and...
  • maccentris
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought gift subscription: reciever has not been notified

Five days ago I ordered Spotify as a gift for someone. I paid for it by credit card online, and received a receipt from Spotify. But the gift recipient as yet to receive any notification, and so has not yet been able to sign up for the service. Pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • Five days ago I ordered Spotify as a gift for someone.  I paid for it by credit card online, and received a receipt from Spotify.  But the gift recipient as yet to receive any notification,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need help on configuring port for university network

When I returned back to my campus yesterday, I found out that my accomodation hall blocked Spotify on their firewall. Now I have to request for a port opening to resume Spotify's service. I have found many posts regarding to configuring ports, howeve...

REQUEST FOR PORT OPENING
  • Casual Listener
  • When I returned back to my campus yesterday, I found out that my accomodation hall blocked Spotify on their firewall. Now I have to request for a port opening to resume Spotify's service. I have foun...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify via Link starten

Hallo, ich bin gerdade dabei den Clan-Teamspeak zu desingen etc. Da würde mir der Wunsch zugetragen, dass ich bitte einfache Links einfügen soll, über die man dann direkt bei Spotify (Das Programm, nicht die Webseite) zu einer Playlist geleitet wird....

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo, ich bin gerdade dabei den Clan-Teamspeak zu desingen etc. Da würde mir der Wunsch zugetragen, dass ich bitte einfache Links einfügen soll, über die man dann direkt bei Spotify (Das Programm,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 802 every time a Rolling Rock Commercial Comes on

Every time a Rolling Rock Commercial comes on, it freezes up Spotify and I have to exit and re-open it to be able to listen to music. I'm really surprised that there is no "repport problem" button. This seems like a simple glitch that they should fix...

• Every time a Rolling Rock Commercial comes on, it freezes up Spotify and I have to exit and re-open it to be able to listen to music. I'm really surprised that there is no "repport problem" button. T...
  • ben63vw
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlists differ

Hi, I've had a "temporary" playlist for years that I constently updates by adding I need to listen to and it constantly growing even though I constantly delete songs. But I have just discovered that it dosn't work as before. I use Spotify daily on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've had a "temporary" playlist for years that I constently updates by adding I need to listen to and it constantly growing even though I constantly delete songs. But I have ...
  • entx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.12

What's new in this version (0.9.12) Moved Discover from the side menu into Browse Fictitious: All backend changes were done by Mr. Schrödinger, and they weren't. Important to note -

ReleaseNotesDesk.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (0.9.12)   Moved Discover from the side menu into Browse Fictitious: All backend changes were done by Mr. Schrödinger, and they weren't. &nbsp...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes

Need help with Ports behind a firewall

Hi, I'm a uni student and the dorms have a firewall which is very annoying. I can log in to the desktop client but I can only play the music that is saved for offline playing. To make a request to open ports for something, I need to send my Network A...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm a uni student and the dorms have a firewall which is very annoying. I can log in to the desktop client but I can only play the music that is saved for offline playing.   To make a re...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inaccurate results when searching by genre

Hello, I`m not sure if this has been flagged already. It happens on both client and web players. When searching by genre some obvious strings don`t give any results. Example genre:"Heavy Metal" even thou it is present in the genre list. Contrary genr...

Screen 2.JPG Screen 1.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I`m not sure if this has been flagged already.   It happens on both client and web players.   When searching by genre some obvious strings don`t give any results. ...
  • Svuio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I set up my keyboard hotkeys?

Hi all, so I tried looking around to see if anybody had the same problem but I couldn't find anything. I use Spotify everywhere... but when I listen to music in my desktop (iTunes, for example), I use my keyboard's hotkeys to go to the next song. I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   so I tried looking around to see if anybody had the same problem but I couldn't find anything. I use Spotify everywhere... but when I listen to music in my desktop (iTunes, for exa...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help, Unsupported file not playing

Looked up an Album (specifically Artist 3, Album The End has Begun) on spotify. Had no issues locating the music, however, no matter what song I request to play, it keeps giving me an error message saying "File is Unsupported" and sends me to the Spo...

• Looked up an Album (specifically Artist 3, Album The End has Begun) on spotify. Had no issues locating the music, however, no matter what song I request to play, it keeps giving me an error message s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a 408 error even though I have the Canada code...

Hi everybody, I got my code to get Spotify in Canada about a month ago. I've been using it a lot and it's great. However just today, in my desktop spotify app it's showing a 408 (out of country) error. I just noticed on my profile it says I'm in the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody, I got my code to get Spotify in Canada about a month ago. I've been using it a lot and it's great. However just today, in my desktop spotify app it's showing a 408 (out of country) er...
  • montans_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist created on desktop not syncing

I have this same issue....added a new playlist name to the desktop application and it propogated fine to the web and other devices. However, when I added a bunch of songs to that playlist on the desktop application, none of them propogated to anywher...

• I have this same issue....added a new playlist name to the desktop application and it propogated fine to the web and other devices.  However, when I added a bunch of songs to that playlist on th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes