Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't play the current track

I get this message when I try to play any of the songs from an album I have recently downloaded, this album is not available on Spotify and I'm only trying to use Spotify as a media player. So far I have tried: logging out, exiting the player and the...

• I get this message when I try to play any of the songs from an album I have recently downloaded, this album is not available on Spotify and I'm only trying to use Spotify as a media player. So far I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why can't edit song id3 tags by person ?

many chinese song ,can't show his chinese name , just display id tags by transliteration string , it s very strange !!!!!!! ah ah ah

• many chinese song ,can't show his chinese name , just display id tags by transliteration string  ,   it s very strange !!!!!!! ah ah ah   
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you have same problem (no playlists)

Hello, yesterday all of sudden all my playlists disappeared and instead of them I got 2 playlists with country and royal music. I`m wondering is this some kind of bug or just someone hacked my Spotify account? PS Albums in My Music are left untouched

2014-09-06_12-01-12.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Hello, yesterday all of sudden all my playlists disappeared and instead of them I got 2 playlists with country and royal music. I`m wondering is this some kind of bug or just someone hacked my Spotif...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Copying songs

Can i to copy cached songs to hear in others devices in MP3 format? Thank u

• Casual Listener
  • Can i to copy cached songs to hear in others devices in MP3 format?   Thank u
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Desktop client failed to update playlist

I tried to contact Spotify support first. And they reply me with some options, I tried them all, and none of them works. I reply them again. Seriously, no reply in 48hours! This is how Spotify treat your customers? My Windows 7 desktop client can't u...

• Visitor
  • I tried to contact Spotify support first. And they reply me with some options, I tried them all, and none of them works. I reply them again. Seriously, no reply in 48hours! This is how Spotify t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium

I upgraded to premium AND I went to go download a playlist for offline use and it still says I need to upgrade even though I did. I select the upgrade button AMD it takes me to a receipt saying I upgraded

• I upgraded to premium AND I went to go download a playlist for offline use and it still says I need to upgrade even though I did. I select the upgrade button AMD it takes me to a receipt saying I upg...
  • xHarukito
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Totals Discrepancy, Please Help!

All, I have a discrepency between the total songs my music playlist says it contains and how many songs are actually on the playlist. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Yesterday the playlist said I had 196 but I only had 193. Today its down to...

• All,   I have a discrepency between the total songs my music playlist says it contains and how many songs are actually on the playlist. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Yesterda...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not opening at all

So I have a Macbook Pro with 10.9.2, and usually I don't close my spotify unless I turn my computer off. When my browse wouldn't work, I tried to shut it down and turn it back on to see if it would work then. When I tried to open it, it would make th...

• So I have a Macbook Pro with 10.9.2, and usually I don't close my spotify unless I turn my computer off. When my browse wouldn't work, I tried to shut it down and turn it back on to see if it would w...
  • jandrew
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has stopped working.Windows error. If I start it, deinstall or reinstall it.

So today my Spotify broke, and every time I booted my PC Windows said 'Spotify has stopped working'. So I tried reinstalling, but that didnt help. After the download it shows the exact same message and it's gone. Deinstalling with the control panel r...

• Regular
  • So today my Spotify broke, and every time I booted my PC Windows said 'Spotify has stopped working'. So I tried reinstalling, but that didnt help. After the download it shows the exact same message a...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist won't update

I wanted to clean up my Starred playlist. I attempted to delete all the songs off of it in the Windows desktop client, but the changes wouldn't take. Finally after deleting the tracks a bunch of times the list now shows up as empty on the desktop cli...

• Gig Goer
  • I wanted to clean up my Starred playlist. I attempted to delete all the songs off of it in the Windows desktop client, but the changes wouldn't take. Finally after deleting the tracks a bunch of time...
  • olken2000
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Music

Since the last two updates on spotify, it says I can't this music that I have downloaded on my computer. There is nothing wrong with the tracks (check by playing tracks on windows media player). I have about 12 playlists that can't be played. I am on...

• Music Fan
  • Since the last two updates on spotify, it says I can't this music that I have downloaded on my computer. There is nothing wrong with the tracks (check by playing tracks on windows media player). I ha...
  • Peplau
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume slider lag

For about 4 months now whenever I use my main playlist the volume slider lags. Things I know and tried: Reinstalling. This only happens with large playlists (currently 1,124 tracks). Using different OS's (Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1) and all have the sa...

• Regular
  • For about 4 months now whenever I use my main playlist the volume slider lags.   Things I know and tried: Reinstalling. This only happens with large playlists (currently 1,124 tracks)....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

New Spotify 0.8.8 interface.

Hello Under windows on the main screen I don't understand the meaning of the check mark or plus sign st thr first colum. Also I have some music that have the artist or album or date added grayed. Also before the added colum the are icons ( chain and ...

2014-09-02_19-13-41.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello Under windows on the main screen I don't understand the meaning of the check mark or plus sign st thr first colum. Also I have some music that have the artist or album or date added gray...
  • Tmartins
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify slowing down/freezing my computer

Everytime a song changes, or I pause a song, it freezes my desktop. Anytime a new update is installed, this happens. I can't update firewalls or anything because this is a work computer. How can I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime a song changes, or I pause a song, it freezes my desktop.  Anytime a new update is installed, this happens.   I can't update firewalls or anything because this is a work compu...
  • AllieNicoleM83
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code: 53 upon install attempt

I have been using spotify for years, but today it seems to have uninstalled itself from my computer and I can not reinstall. I download the installer and it gives me the attached error message (Error Code 53) Please advise. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using spotify for years, but today it seems to have uninstalled itself from my computer and I can not reinstall.  I download the installer and it gives me the attached error message ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files that interfere with playback

I have a local file on my computer from one of the artists I've been listening to. Unfortunately for this artist whatever format the file is it Spotify says not supported. However the album is hosted on spotify but the player keeps trying to force pl...

• Visitor
  • I have a local file on my computer from one of the artists I've been listening to. Unfortunately for this artist whatever format the file is it Spotify says not supported. However the album is h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Playlists and starred songs

Hi I am in need of some help. I tried loggin in with my facebook account today (as usual) but for some reason all of my playlists and starred songs have all gone missing. Even people i follow and my followers were all gone. Its like my accounts just ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am in need of some help. I tried loggin in with my facebook account today (as usual) but for some reason all of my playlists and starred songs have all gone missing. Even people i follow and my ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Messages

I have an HP Windows 8 laptop and a Spotify Premium account. My friend and I have been sending songs back and forth for about a year using Private Messaging, but recently the songs he sends me still have "You haven't played this yet" under them even ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an HP Windows 8 laptop and a Spotify Premium account. My friend and I have been sending songs back and forth for about a year using Private Messaging, but recently the songs he sends me stil...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! One of my playlists isn't loading.

Hey I've got a playlist with all of my music on it, around about 550 songs, which won't load and I don't understand why. I've had this problem with previous playlists that I've made that have all of my music on them so I've deleted them and made a ne...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I've got a playlist with all of my music on it, around about 550 songs, which won't load and I don't understand why. I've had this problem with previous playlists that I've made that have all o...
  • 36chamberstreet
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes