Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

How to import spotify songs to another music player?

When I use Xbox Music, it downloads the songs in an available fashion that I can go in and add my songs to a different music player, which makes it very easy for me because I have a mixture of FLAC files that I copied from CDs that I own, but of cour...

• Casual Listener
  • When I use Xbox Music, it downloads the songs in an available fashion that I can go in and add my songs to a different music player, which makes it very easy for me because I have a mixture of FLAC f...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps Signing Me Out Of Last.fm

I've had a problem in the past where Spotify will say 'unknown reply from server' next to where the last.fm login details are, and if I was already listening to music it'll queue those songs and scrobble them later when the sign in is restored. Howev...

• Regular
  • I've had a problem in the past where Spotify will say 'unknown reply from server' next to where the last.fm login details are, and if I was already listening to music it'll queue those songs and scro...
  • spideralex90
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Duplicate tracks in library

Hey, I have an odd issue. In my library, some of the tracks are duplicated. However, one can see from this picture that both versions of each track are present locally. When I right-click and tell it to show the file in windows explorer, it opens to ...

• Regular
  • Hey, I have an odd issue. In my library, some of the tracks are duplicated. However, one can see from this picture that both versions of each track are present locally. When I right-click and te...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Country-based Restrictions

Afternoon all, Can someone please explain to me how the restrictions on certain songs work and if/how/when they can be lifted. Understand that it's up to record companies to decide to add albums and tracks to Spotify, but I see no value in restrictin...

• Afternoon all,   Can someone please explain to me how the restrictions on certain songs work and if/how/when they can be lifted.   Understand that it's up to record companies to dec...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search for Artist

Hi at all,I want research particular Artist (example The Engagement), when I click on search I get results where not always I have like Artist The Engagement. Instead I find The Engagement on Title of song too.How can I find only results that have on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi at all, I want research particular Artist (example The Engagement), when I click on search I get results where not always I have like Artist The Engagement. Instead I find The Engagement on Title...
  • pnc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Free Trial

You can only try it once per account, and I've already tried it. Please stop advertising it to me. It's a waste of time for the both of us.

• Casual Listener
  • You can only try it once per account, and I've already tried it.   Please stop advertising it to me.   It's a waste of time for the both of us.
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist deleted is no longer in recover section.

Today I logged onto Spotify to find that my playlist 'Epic Songs' Had been deleted. I instantly go to the forums to see if there is a way to fix the problem. There is. I go to the playlist recovery section and its not there. I had over 600 songs on t...

• Casual Listener
  • Today I logged onto Spotify to find that my playlist 'Epic Songs' Had been deleted. I instantly go to the forums to see if there is a way to fix the problem. There is. I go to the playlist recovery s...
  • ThePyroDemon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

is there a way to publish a spotify playlist by added date?

is there a way to publish a spotify playlist by "added" date? So when someone opens the playlist or starts playing it starts from the newest song rather then the oldest song? Thanks in advance for your help,

• is there a way to publish a spotify playlist by "added" date?   So when someone opens the playlist or starts playing it starts from the newest song rather then the oldest song?   Th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing Spotify Windows 7 Error

Hello! I am experiencing some trouble installing Spotify onto my laptop running Windows 7. Before requesting help, I have tried using others post and tried the following suggestions including: installing it with/without admin account, installing in s...

• Regular
  • Hello!    I am experiencing some trouble installing Spotify onto my laptop running Windows 7. Before requesting help, I have tried using others post and tried the following suggestions ...
  • Slush
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

changed counrty! it doesnt work!

Hey, i just moved from germany to sweden. i was able to listen to the musik for 14 days then spotify said to that i have to change my country or get a premium account. So i changed my country to sweden but spotify still doesnt work ... can someone he...

• Hey, i just moved from germany to sweden. i was able to listen to the musik for 14 days then spotify said to that i have to change my country or get a premium account. So i changed my country to sw...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play the current track

First let me say that this form of support is horrendus for a product this widely used, we should be able to chat directly with a human for issues like this. This is the same issue I've read about in many other posts on here; hit play, will play a fe...

• Casual Listener
  • First let me say that this form of support is horrendus for a product this widely used, we should be able to chat directly with a human for issues like this.   This is the same issue I've re...
  • demesm
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad sound & playlists disappearing.

For the last couple of days I've been having trouble with my spotify account. I run on a windows 7, and have premium. The sound quality have become TERRIBLE and there is a vague but audiable static-hissing noise behind several frequencies that weren'...

• For the last couple of days I've been having trouble with my spotify account. I run on a windows 7, and have premium.   The sound quality have become TERRIBLE and there is a vague but audiab...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio based on playlist not actually using songs similar to the playlist

I made a radio station based on a playlist, but the results are nothing like the playlist in question. To give you an example, imagine having a playlist consisting of Coldplay and ending up with Pitbull as your results. Is this a bug or intented beha...

• I made a radio station based on a playlist, but the results are nothing like the playlist in question. To give you an example, imagine having a playlist consisting of Coldplay and ending up with...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how to substitute a local files playlist with stream version?

hello, i had a big playlist in itunes and used spotify to play those local files. recently my computer died... so i lost all of my local files, but in stotify i still have the playlists for all of those files, the problem is that the files are no lon...

• Regular
  • hello,   i had a big playlist in itunes and used spotify to play those local files.   recently my computer died... so i lost all of my local files, but in stotify i still have the p...
  • fbonito
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is it taking so long to fix common issues with radio?

It seems like the thumbs-down-forgeting issue on songs coming up from radio, as well as the issue of like-forgetting have been problems for several months, or even longer than a year. Why is it taking so long for these to get fixed, since it doesn't ...

• It seems like the thumbs-down-forgeting issue on songs coming up from radio, as well as the issue of like-forgetting have been problems for several months, or even longer than a year.  Why is it...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred songs disappearing - please help!

Hi! I just purchased spotify premium and made new account for it. Now i kind of have 2 accounts and when i connected the new one to the Facebook, Im losing all my starred songs. So at the moment, every time i logout from spotify and log back in, all ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I just purchased spotify premium and made new account for it. Now i kind of have 2 accounts and when i connected the new one to the Facebook, Im losing all my starred songs.   So at the ...
  • Fockhammer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random songs does not playing

Hi, i have problem with playing music, one week ago i could play this song. Now i can not. I have removed CACHE files, reinstalled player and still nothing. I have noticed that more often I can not play songs. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i have problem with playing music, one week ago i could play this song. Now i can not. I have removed CACHE files, reinstalled player and still nothing. I have noticed that more o...
  • wandrzejczak
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I delete music from free spotify account

I joined spotify a few years a go, and since then my taste in music has changed. How do I delete or remove songs and albums I've starred or liked on spotify from my account. ive already erased songs from my computer and playlist.

• I joined spotify a few years a go, and since then my taste in music has changed. How do I delete or remove songs and albums I've starred or liked on spotify from my account. ive already erased songs ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity feed showing songs from months ago.

I was talking to a friend on skype the other day and she told me she wanted me to listen to a particular song she was listening to, so naturally i'd look on my activity feed and asked her if it was the song that was showing up there, and she said no,...

• I was talking to a friend on skype the other day and she told me she wanted me to listen to a particular song she was listening to, so naturally i'd look on my activity feed and asked her if it was t...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

stopping and starting

songs are stopping and starting every 30 seconds. I have been a premium member for 6 plus months and have never had this problem before now as of one hour ago. Any help would be appreciated

• Roadie
  • songs are stopping and starting every 30 seconds.  I have been a premium member for 6 plus months and have never had this problem before now as of one hour ago.  Any help would be appreciat...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes