Family plan

Country

Canada

Device

(Asus ROG G512LI )

Operating System

(Windows 11/Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

the Subject is self-explanatory I understand windows 11 is newer then windows 10 which means it has more glitch's but both Operating System I had that issue with it. works when I set my screen to never timeout but that uses more power AND it makes your PC lifespan shorter and this is only for the web browser with web browser extensions I like songs at a fast paste so I speed it up from 2x faster and never had a problem with it

7 Replies

Hey there @dubstepthegamer

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on the web player (with extensions), but not in the desktop app or the web player (without extensions)?

Also, did this start happening when you updated the OS of your PC?

On another note, we recommend that you clear your browser's cache/cookies > log out and then log back in > let us know if the same happens.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My Laptop not a PC did take a update to make it into a windows 11 and it is and always was Gaming Laptop and when I connect the desktop app to the web player it's fine TILL the screen times out and THEN SECONDS LATER it stops play and takes minutes then it plays then it get's choppy with big gaps between the audio and the rest of the song I have cleared my cookies

Hey @dubstepthegamer,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

As this started happening after a Windows update, it's possible that some of the drivers that were used previously are affecting the proper behavior of the Web Player. Taking this into account, we'd recommend you clear any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer. Follow the instructions in this post.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking it on a different browser without extension to check if it makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks I managed to log in but non of the over 100 friends I got on my account that have Spotify and logged into Spotify using Facebook and like 10 of them have Spotify and used to show up back when I had windows 10 they I pretty sure yet almost 100% sure did not change their settings what happened. can you tell me what I have to do using this image and what not that may help and that person right there is a profile and I have here on Facebook and it JUST won't let her pop-up as my friend I also think it's from the note pad advice you guys gave to me BUT I know it can be fix I think that's the issue if I'm wrong or right please tell me and I would need the info about what to put in the host file thanks for the help so far2022-09-02 (1).png

Hey @dubstepthegamer,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Unfortunately, the post you've made doesn't have any image related to the issue that you're mentioning. But if it's related to the host files, this is the process you have to follow.

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)

2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick "host" and click on Open

4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com

5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

However, if you're now seeing less friends on your feed and you've no changed any settings, it's possible that you may be logged into a different account by mistake. Since we don't have access to users accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting out Customer support to make sure you're accessing the correct account.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

I'm very sorry about this but I may need a new host file because I sort of did what I did before BUT all though I kind of miss understand the last part I got rid of more then I needed to you see I messed up with the code and I already saved changes

# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

is all that is there yeah I messed up I think if you can just give a whole new file for this with the right stuff I need that will work a lot better this way we can just warp this up for good sorry... 

Hi there @dubstepthegamer,

Unfortunately we can't send you any files from our end, but you can follow this Guide from Microsoft to reset your Hosts file.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts