Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't play the current song."

"Can't play the current song."

This morning, songs randomly pause and will not resume.  An error bar pops up near the top that states "Can't play the current song.".

This has occurred over a dozen times on different songs and artists. 

cant play current song.JPG
12 Replies

Same here.   Last time this happened was a couple years ago. I forget how it was resolved.

Happening to me, too. Windows 10 Microsoft Store App. Really annoying... hope it's resolved soon.

Same. Also Windows 10 Microsoft Store App. Started today.

Same here. It appears we started similar topics at nearly the same instant... Normally this error pops up when there is something wrong with your audio output device, but it happens on my analog speakers, HDMI output and bluetooth headset all the same, on different devices (tablet and PC).

I am currently experiencing this issue with all songs. I am unable to play music on the Windows desktop app - iOS app still allows me to play tracks.

I thought this may have been an issue with Vodafone as I get my subscription through my contract with them. THeir technical advisors were unable to do anything further.

This issue has rendered Spotify (on windows at least, not tested on a mac yet) completely unusable.

Re-started Spotify after posting this - all songs now seem to be playing correctly.

Point in time issue?

Could be. I saw that there was an update to the Windows 10 App in the store yesterday morning... I haven't had any issues since then. Not sure if it was an app issue or a service issue.

http://upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9-88.exe

I downloaded the launcher from this link and reinstalled the app. It runs the songs but i can't hear anything. Maybe it helps to you guys.

My previous version was downloaded from spotify today, and yet still gave the error 😞 
spotify cant play current song.jpg I used your launcher link , which is an older version... 
Your version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 did not suffer the same fate as the current Version... 

Come on Spotify , sort this out. 

And when you search the Community forum for the error message, its impossible to find unless you enclose the search text in quotes "Can't play the current song" 

Pretty bad search algorithm... 

I am using this same 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a version, and it suffers of continue hiccups and "Can't play this song" errors. Beacuse of that, I have set some playlists to work offline, but downloading them takes a painful amount of time (takes about 10 minutes for a song). my other web-based applications seem to run just fine when dealing with files download.

Same problem, both with the version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a that new update 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.Offline downloading is very slow and the songs are blocked, I checked on the internet but the few solutions present did not resave the problem.

I solved the problem, at least for me.

It was very simple, I only restarted my router. Then I opened Spotify and it started downloading songs offline quickly and working without problems.

I hope it can serve.

Suggested posts