Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

whole spotify window scrolls with playlists

whole spotify window scrolls with playlists

It's nothing new that the implementation of the spotify clients is absolutely horrible on every single platform there is. But this bug in the windows client just completely beats everything i've seen so far. When adding a song to a playlist, not only does the list not show every playlist when it gets too long (old bug, idk how thats not fixed yet), now it also scrolls the entire spotify window when scrolling to the bottom.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device/ Operating System

Windows 10 21H1

My Question or Issue

https://youtube.com/shorts/dczuftyeNvo?feature=sharesee video

5 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country
United States

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

Hi, I am noticing a weird issue with the Spotify desktop client all of a sudden. If I try and add a song to a playlist that requires me to scroll down within the playlist menu, it does not scroll. Instead, the playlist menu gets cut off at the bottom (hiding the rest of my playlists) and the Spotify client itself scrolls, showing empty grey space at the bottom. This just started happening (I'm assuming due to a new update). It is quite random when it happens.

This also happened after I was having weird issues with white boxes showing up every time I hovered over any clickable selection (song name, artist, album, etc). That randomly came and went as well. 

scrollingissue.png

Hey there @brittpopx

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on your PC. This will trigger a sync between your account and your device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi folks!

In case the issue persists after reinstalling the app, please share the exact version of Spotify you're currently running. You can check that by clicking the three dots menu in the upper left corner > Help > About Spotify. Feel free to also mention any other troubleshooting you've done.

Once we have this we'll forward the information to our developers so they can investigate further.

Thanks and cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Problem was fixed in the latest spotify update. Tank you.

Hey @Der_Echte

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts