Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Emerging Artist of the Month ✨

Emerging Artist of the Month ✨

Hey everyone,

Hope you're doing great and life's treating you kindly.

It's time to get hyped for our newest addition to Chat - we'll have a monthly thread where we choose an ''Emerging Artist of the Month''.

This goes hand in hand with our mission for the ''Discovery and Promo'' label we've added in Chat. We will try to continue celebrating new and emerging artists and encourage posts on the topic in that category. 

What is it?

''Emerging Artist of the Month'' is a new ritual in our Chat section. Each month, we'll invite artists to share their music and a few lines presenting themselves so that we could get on their frequency and vibe along 🎼

How does it work?

• We'll post a thread just like this one in the beginning of each month
  • Artists are welcome to post their songs and intros in a comment under the post
  • Everyone in the Chat section is encouraged to ask the artists follow up question and show their support 💚
  • We'll keep the post open for 20 days so that everyone who'd like to participate will have the time
  • When we close the post, our Editorial team will pick one artist to participate in a Meet & Greet style call organized by the Community and we'll post a Blog based on that.

**************Participation Rules**************

• New artists get to post one entry with their songs and intro for each month
  • Users can tag the artists they have spotted on the Community to participate
  • The thread will be open for submissions and comments by the Tuesday, 20 July 2021.
  • Feel free to leave a comment presenting yourself if you're an artist, and if you're not - just show some love to the brave souls that are participating!

Enjoy!  

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
11 Replies

If you need some inspo on how to present yourself as an artist you can use the prompts below, but feel free to change them up or just write from the heart 💚

• Your artist name and link to your Spotify profile
  • Main genre that you perform in
  • One thing that you'd say defines you as an artist
  • Link to a social media account of your choice

But of course, these are just suggestions, present your art as you see fit!

ElenaModerator

Introducing The Natural Philosophers with attitude. Combining Science with edgy Electronic Dance Music, with exciting videos (http://natural-philosophers.com)

Showcasing our work in out new EP - The Rough Guide To Natural Philosophy - Please Check it Out on Spotify and follow us on Twitter (@NaturalPhiloso3) to keep up with our new releases

https://open.spotify.com/album/2W8AsbTiwuvJ3PFEdW9pB2?si=kWaLWhcYSWiNXTjCslKs4g&dl_branch=1

Thanks @MoleWarp for your post! 💚

I was browsing through the chat area and noticed some people promoting their music in threads, which is so awesome. I thought they would be perfect candidates to participate in this promotional activity as well. 

I hope you don't mind me tagging you in this and if you'd like to post a short into here, it would be absolutely great!

@anirajagopalan@Duncan76@Springworks@iamamiramine@jemixmusic@JustCéline@Tabeatle@Jxiremiah@lostpost-it@TinaEscribano@dedelandia@ajpaulsen@itsrealgvani@Ymmies@podhajski

Don't be shy folks! We'd be so happy to to hear more of your fire tunes 🎶🔥

ElenaModerator

Thank you Elena for naming me 🙂 

Hello!! Here is my latest. Don't be fooled by the lyrics in Spanish, as this is not typical Latin music or music that is known in this language. 

Hope you like it 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/2TjGqQ2752uLbb0DsQTTZp?si=6a16fe22f6364aea

Thanks Elena!

Hey🙋🏻‍♀️,

I’m Céline and this (Link) is my Spotify profile. My main music genre is pop. I love writing and singing my own songs, because I wanna share my stories and perspectives with the world. Here (Link) you can find my Instagram account where I often post music covers and things that go on behind the scenes (studio, photoshoots etc)🙂

Thanks for the oportunity ❤️

We are an indie band Prince Harlow from Prague, Czech republic, that currently released our first album called Nine To Five.

925_princeharlow.jpg

The idea behind the album is taking a look at todays' corporate world where people buy things they cannot afford and everything is up for sale.  All of the songs are originals and all of the visuals are made by us as well. (The barcode works, yay!)

Our inspiration is drawn mainly from contemporary British artists but we have a sweet spot for the old-school classic as well ... something along the lines such as The Cockroaches or The Beagles? Can't remember right now🙈

You can take a listen to our first song of the album and I encourage you to dive into our profile on Spotify to find out the rest!

https://open.spotify.com/track/5pLH7mrPeX7NBed0fieo3Z?si=1c135b85290c4f2e

Hi guys,

Marcus Renno is a Brazilian artist based in London UK and he released two albums in 2021 under our label (very productive! 3rd album on the way). He combines alternative indie rock with Brazilian music rhythms. Two songs are getting great attention by the media in UK, one from each album. They are 'Top of the World' from the album 'Do Not Press this Button' and 'D3vil's Womb' (3 to avoid Spotify's bleep ;)) from the album 'Lituus'. Please have a listen and feel free to add to your playlists. Thanks!

www.marcusrenno.sonicmudrecords.com

https://open.spotify.com/album/5E6wiIcuwCkRvCj9wosfob?si=RfhxU49_ScKm-K4GHhBsQg&dl_branch=1

https://open.spotify.com/album/2I8fsHZgKHiPK45IUWaF3w?si=-2XhWhs-SjWUK78R9GK2Qw&dl_branch=1

🎶🎶🎶

Thank you all for your participation and patience with this! We'll be posting who the chosen ''Emerging Artist of the Month'' will be very soon! 

Stay tuned!

ElenaModerator

Drumroll please!

giphy.gif

The winner of Emerging artist of the month for July is...

🎊Prince Harlow🎊

@Ymmies 

Congratulation folks, our internal voting put you in the first place after a very tight race! 

We also want to thank everyone who participated, we are so happy to have you on the Community!

Thank you @SonicMudRecords@JustCéline@MoleWarp@TinaEscribano - your tracks are fantastic and we had a blast listening to them!

We're looking forward to the next edition of ''Emerging artist of the month'' and our Blog interviewing with the folks from the band Prince Harlow. See you next time! 

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts