Generally, to change the country registered on your Spotify account, you’ll need to visit the profile page. For more info according to your plan, check below.
If you have Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as you like!
But if you permanently move to another country, you'll need to update your country settings on Spotify and change your payment method to one that's been issued in your new country.
To do that:
- Log in to your account page.
- Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
- Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country.
Note: The changes will take effect from your next billing date.
If you're on Spotify Free, you can use Spotify in a different country for up to 14 days. After the 14 days have passed, you might see an error message pop up when trying to access your account.
In that case, to continue using Spotify with no issues, you'll need to update your country to match the one you're currently on first.
To do that:
- Access your account page. If you're not logged in on that browser, you might be prompted to do so.
- Click EDIT PROFILE.
- Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
- Click SAVE PROFILE.
Note: If Spotify isn't available in your current location right now, you might not be able to update your country.
Or, you can also upgrade to Premium to listen anywhere for as long as you want without having to change country settings.
Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.