In order to be able to use your Google Home device with Spotify, you need to first download the Google Home app, and then link your Spotify account from the app using these steps:
- Tap the menu in the top-left corner.
- Tap Account preferences, then Linked media accounts.
- Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.
Note: If you don’t already have a Spotify account, you can create one by tapping Sign up to Spotify. After this, you’ll need to start the account link process from the beginning.
- Tap OKAY to confirm.
You can make Spotify the default player on Google Home by doing the following:
- In the Google Home app, tap the menu in the top-left corner.
- Tap Music.
- Select Spotify to set it as the default music player for your Google home.
Using voice commands
- You can request music on-demand using voice commands only if you’re on Premium. To upgrade and get the full experience, head here.
- For a comprehensive list of voice commands you can use with Google Home, head here.
- If you don’t want to use voice commands, you can enable Connect and use your mobile device as a remote for the speaker.
For multiple devices
- If each user has their own Google Home device, everyone needs to have their own Google account linked to their own Spotify account, which is subsequently linked to their own Google Home device through the Google Home app.
Supported devices: Google Home, Google Home Mini, Max and Hub.
For help setting up and troubleshooting your Google Home device, head over to the Google Home help site.
Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.