Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I’m verified as a Student, why am I getting an error message?

Alex
Answer:

If you've already received a message from SheerID confirming your student status, but you're having difficulties activating the discount, we first recommend trying to open the link from that message in an incognito or private window, preferably on a desktop device.

In case that doesn't do the trick and you’re still getting an error message, check out the info below for what to do next.

"You've already redeemed this offer"

Spoiler

What does it mean?

• Your SheerID activation link has expired.

OR

• Your verification status at SheerID is pending.

OR

• You’re trying to renew your student discount, while your existing discount is still active.

What should I do?

"The verification code you have entered has already been redeemed"

Spoiler

What does it mean?

Your SheerID activation link has expired.

What should I do?

1. Reach out to SheerID and ask for your requestID
  2. Paste the requestID in this link: https://www.spotify.com/student/apply/sheerid-international/?requestId=[Insert requestID here]
  3. Try redeeming the offer again by opening the link.

"Oops something went wrong"

Spoiler

What does it mean?

• Country miss-match, meaning the country on your profile isn’t matching the country your university/college is based in.

OR

• You haven't selected the right country code when adding a phone number.

OR

• Your SheerID activation link has expired. 

What should I do?

"Your student credentials are already associated with another Spotify account"

Spoiler

What does it mean?

The activation link has expired or the student discount is already linked to another account.

What should I do?

Make sure you've followed the steps/links from the most recent email you've received from SheerID. If you've already done that, you most likely have a second account which the Student Discount has been applied to. This could also be a friend/family member's account. 

Just to be sure that's not the case:

• Try applying for the Student Discount by opening this link in an incognito window. 
  • Check your account page to see if you already have the Student Discount.

If you can't see that you have the Student Discount, check out this help article to look for other accounts. 

If you find another account that belongs to you and has the Student Discount applied, you'll need to wait until 12 months have elapsed (since you first signed up for the Student Discount), in order to apply it on another account.

You're entitled to one account with the Student Discount on at a time, and that discou
nt will last for 12 months even if you cancel the subscription or close the account.

Don't worry, you can use up the remaining discounted Premium time on your other account if this happens. You may be able to transfer your playlists to that account too. Once the discounted Premium time has elapsed, you can either renew it on the same account, or sign up for the discount on your other account if you'd prefer. In the latter case, make sure to cancel the current subscription first. 

One other option that you have, in case the discount is on the wrong account, is to reach out to our Support who will help you transfer it to your desired account.

We use SheerID to verify your Student status. If you can't find any other accounts, we'd recommend talking to the folks there, or checking out SheerID’s FAQ.

“We couldn’t confirm you’re a student”

Spoiler

What does it mean?

Your verification status at SheerID is pending and your student verification may still not be completed.

What should I do?

Get in touch with SheerID  so that they can check your status again.

For further information about SheerID you can check out their FAQ Help Page

Looking for more Answers? Search for more FAQs, or create a new thread and ask the Community.