Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your 2021 Wrapped FAQ

Mario

Spotify’s 2021 Wrapped is here to help us look back on the year and reflect on the role audio played in our lives. 

This year we got used to seeing the world in a new light so we embraced the unknown and championed all the things that make each of us unique. 

2021 Wrapped is a celebration of this — the millions of different and wonderful ways to listen and live.

We’ve answered some of the most common questions on the topic here to help you fully enjoy the experience.

Where can I find my 2021 Wrapped?

Spoiler
  • You can find your Wrapped on your Spotify mobile app, with multiple banners, tiles and categories in the Home and Search sections, so it should be easy to spot.
  • You can also get Wrapped from your Top Songs Playlist.

What listening period does Wrapped cover?

Spoiler
  • The Wrapped personalized experience covers streaming for 2021, beginning in January and ending a few weeks prior to launch in December. 
  • If you didn’t listen to Spotify during this period, you can still check out spotify.com/wrapped for this year’s music highlights.

Is Wrapped available on the Lite app?

Spoiler
Wrapped isn’t available on Spotify Lite, but you can check out the global Wrapped experience at spotify.com/wrapped.

Is my ‘Your Top Songs Of 2021’ playlist in order of what I listened to most?

Spoiler
Yes, for the most part your playlist is ordered by the songs you played most frequently to least frequently.

Do Private Session and offline listens count? 

Spoiler
  • Offline listens count across the board. 
  • Private Session listens don't count for charts and songs, but do count for minutes listened.

Why didn't I get an email for Wrapped?

Spoiler
You need to have been opted into Product News in your notifications settings before December 1st. But don’t worry, you can still find Wrapped in the Spotify app on your phone (in Search) or at spotify.com/wrapped.

Can I share my Wrapped stories?

Spoiler
  • Yes, you can share directly to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok and more, or copy a link to paste where you like. 
  • You can also download the images for your 2021 Wrapped under the Share options.

Can I share the Your Top Songs 2021 playlist?

Spoiler
This year's Top Songs playlist functions somewhat differently than previous years. Find out more about it, including how to share the songs, here.

Can I view Wrapped offline in the app?

Spoiler
  • If you viewed your Wrapped online, it’ll be automatically saved offline for 1 hour. 
  • No music will play while offline though, and some stories might not load if their images are missing.

Does using the experience in-app use up extra data? 

Spoiler
  • Yes, the music that plays needs mobile data if you’re not on WiFi. 
  • Images and other content might be automatically saved offline if you’ve viewed them while online, but if not they’ll also consume data.

Will the playlists disappear at some point?

Spoiler
  • You’ll always be able to find your personalized 2021 Wrapped playlist on the homepage of the Spotify app under Uniquely Yours
  • You can also Mario_0-1638367019555.png or FOLLOW playlists to keep them saved in Your Library, under Playlists.

Does podcast listening time count towards the total listened time?

Spoiler
Yes. Total minutes = music + podcasts.

Is there a criteria for getting podcasts in my Wrapped?

Spoiler
Yes, if you listened to at least 60 seconds of a podcast, you’ll be eligible for at least 1 podcast story.

How are my most listened to songs and artists ranked?

Spoiler
  • The rankings are based on a combination of the number of plays and the unique number of days you listened to them:
  • The top 5 songs and top 5 artists are based on playcount.
  • The ranking of the top 100 songs playlist is initially sorted by playcount, but after track 10, we apply some artist separation so it's not a direct reflection of playcount.

Is there a minimum version of the Spotify app required for Wrapped?

Spoiler

Yes:

• Android: 8.6.78
  • iOS: 8.6.78

Minimum version of the Spotify app to get Wrapped + TikTok:

• Android: 8.6.80
  • iOS: 8.6.78

Minimum Tik Tok version: 

• Android: 22.0.5
  • iOS: 22.0.0

What should I do if my stories skip through slides (Android)?

Spoiler
  • This can happen based on some of your Android settings that influence animations. The settings are located in different places depending on your specific device, but try searching for "animations" in your Settings app and configure as following:
    • Animation duration scale should be set to at least .5x. Try higher values as well. 
    • Remove Animations should be toggled OFF
  • In addition any Battery Saving mode should be set to OFF, as battery saving can influence the behavior in an effort to save battery.

What should I do if my Wrapped Aura story crashes (Android)?

Spoiler
We're aware of issues with Wrapped crashing on some older devices. We are looking into it but for now, we recommend updating your device to Android 8 or higher, if possible

Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.