Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Discover] new release button

What i want to suggest here it's pretty simple:

I found myself using and spend a lot of time with Spotify app on my desktop pc, in my case it's Mac mini but vailed for regular Windows pc.

sometimes it's nice to follow up on new releases before Friday and listen to them.

What i want to see here?

same button that already appears on the mobile app. (bell button)

Platforms:

Desktop - Mac and Windows

PSB example from my Iphone app 

IMG_C375A097AF95.png

Updated on 2023-09-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the New Releases button is now available on Desktop 🙂

download.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Cheers.

Comments
CarlosE
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-21

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

vaajy

Hi.

I actually use Spotify for 4th month now.

I still try to search Bell button on PC. I kinda still can not understand why it's only mobile only.

Also it is much easier to update lists and listen new music on laptop as you can see track length easily etc.

It's not very appealing for a lazy person like me to search phone all the time to see if anything new.

May it be added thanks, as I am paying subscriber. Thank you.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

xzawes

This is the most needed feature!

shaig16

Чтоб завтра же добавили!

zian15

Hey, 
I would love to see that feature on all my desktop clients (Win, Linux). 

Also, I would love to get some emails (as I used to several years ago) when new media is available. Is that feature still in place? I heard that it won't work when following more than 100 artists (which I do :D). 

Kind regards 🙂

sheldify

Yes, we need this feature 

mortiis469

This should be very simple to implement, and I don't see how it would cause any confusion?    I split my time fairly evenly between Spotify on iOS mobile, and Spotify on my PC.    The BELL ICON on the Desktop version of the App is not asking much.  In fact, it's a FEATURE on the mobile version that is critical is updating throughout the week with new tracks / albums, etc.   This isn't the same as "Release Radar".    The Desktop version NEEDS to have this BELL for the same purpose.     Please add this in at the very least for paying customers.     Thanks in advance.   (PS - If the reply will be "not enough votes" - How many "votes" do you need to fix this?

Apreche

This is an absolutely necessary feature. It's ridiculous that it exists on mobile, but not desktop. It shouldn't even be necessary to ask for this feature specifically because there should be complete feature parity between desktop and mobile apps.

Deslo

How is this simple and incredibly basic feature still not added to the desktop app? It should not need enough "kudos" or whatever. Every podcast app has a feature to see an updated list of episodes from podcasts you follow or are subscribed to. The phone app has the "what's new" feature and there is absolutely no reason this isn't on the desktop app. People have begging for this for years and it would take no time to add. The fact I can't click somewhere on the desktop app to see a list of episodes from EVERY podcast I follow is crazy at this point.