Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
f1979

This great idea was put up in 2019 and so far Spotify hasn't done anything! Unbelievable this! Lack of respect for your customers.
I turned on Spotify support and they told me that the only way would be to delete the account 😞

CF1855

There's a rapidly growing groundswell of folks ready to cancel memberships over the inability to delete recently played songs.  The suits at Spotify had best get their act together on this before it causes a mass exodus.  Terrible business model that will negatively affect the business model.

1Azure
i have found that if you play one of your favorites list for a day it
resets it back to what you like

This needs to happen I had to babysit my niece and nephew and they like the veggitales so I played some songs from them now they are showing up all over my account along with other children's songs. Half tempted to just delete my account and start a new one. 

Robyn2000

Yep, it's 2021 and this is still very necessary. I accidentally played a random track by a Spanish reality TV star about 40 times and now it's sitting at No.2 in my On Repeat playlist. I wish there was some sort of way to either remove it from my history or to somehow mark it as "invisible" so it doesn't affect my recommendations and playlists, etc.

Saturngirl66

Totally agree that there should be a function to delete all listening history from the home page, as I've encountered similar. Now I'm in the process of closing my account in order to create a new one, so that I don't have the podcasts I once listened to, show up on the home page. I've noticed the said podcasts have a blue circle beside them - anyone know what that's all about?

Finally, despite doing what someone on here suggested - ie playing a different playlist every day - no, it doesn't reset every time, so I'm having to take drastic action.....grrrrrr!

Spotify development team - you guys need to get this issue resolved ASAP! *rolls eyes*

birdmayor

My account has gotten hacked many times, even though I change my password. The hackers always listen to terrible music and it shows up in my recently played, etc.

I would like a feature where you can say "I didn't listen to this" and have the playlist removed from your listening history, so it doesn't affect your recommendations (Made for You, Spotify Wrapped, Discover Weekly, etc.) and it is off your homepage.

It's bad enough getting hacked, but having to deal with the hacker's stupid music taste for the next few weeks is even worse. 

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Sumshah

Where there's a history there should be a option to delete it too and this is what Spotify is not offering till now, the song activity is recorded but there's no option to delete the song from the history.

Please add the remove history option

kkoo95

When you have kids, they eventually ruin your listening stats with many kinds of songs that don't reflect what we actually enjoy listening to. Similar stuff comes up in recommendations or "automatic profiled playlist" (such as Duo or Blend) and it's not cool.

You guys could add a way to "forget" a song (or any keyword really) that could tell your recommendation system that a particular song is actually not representative of my music tastes, as if I never listened to it previously ?

Other way of telling this is "force this track to Private Mode until further notice"