Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Smackatoo

Welp, it was all going fine on Apple TV via IPhone Spotify app…. and now, naturally, someone has completely messed up the scrubbing function. Sometimes you hit the 15 sec forward or backward buttons and it shows the time code go back or forward, but continues to play at exactly the same spot. If using the scrubbing feature, same thing or goes back to the beginning of the podcast. Only solution is to disconnect from airplay, find the spot you want, reconnect and just my god what in all fffffff

Severinsen95

I only watch podcasts with video on Youtube now, because there is no video on Spotify. 

If Joe Rogan could shout this out, then maybe Spotify would get off their ass.

We should tweet his at him or something.

Mihail
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

intoxicus

Is there an update that needs to happen before the feature is available?

Both my Roku devices are fully updated and there is still no video for podcasts on my TVs.

Also how did this basic and fundamental feature take so long to implement? It should have present since day 1.

bove11

What about smart TV apps? Samsung smart TV? 

ptalkshow

This is fantastic!!! THANK YOU for making this happen, Spotify!!

bove11
Add video to Samsung Smart TV app
anahamada

Finally, video is working on my Roku Ultra.

I know I said some not nice things about you 10 months ago, but I take everything I said back. Please take me back Spotify 😩😍

Yup, video working on my Roku “hockey puck” now, too.  Thanks for getting around to fixing this - I just don’t understand why it took so damn long 😞

It took so many of us to make noise for over a year before something was done about it.

It’s still glitchy, but at least I can watch podcasts on my TV now.

intoxicus

Spotify is still incompetent.

The basic and fundamental feature is still not available on my Roku device that meets all the silly caveats.

In any case there is no excuse to have this on ALL  smart TVs and devices.

That when Spotify does implement this basic and fundamental "feature" it's half assed and incomplete doesn't surprise me.

How y'all at Spotify quit whinging about Joe Brogan being an **bleep** and actually do some work?