Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
sncl_michi

+1 I need this feature! asap! 

Marc_aka_Peppi

When? ... if not right now 😉

I'd love this feature!

Haupti2

Ist es denn so schwierig diese Funktion einzufügen?

Yes we need this function asap!

ArKay74
It's not an impossible feature to add. Video streaming sites also
remember your playback positions.
Some database and client work, no witchcraft at all.
philipp21

+1 That is in fact the only feature I'm missing in Spotify!

flekiki

Hey guys is it really impossible to ad this important feature??? It would make spotify almost perfect 🙂

makiahmer

Having just finished an audio book this feature is exactly what came to mind after having to find my position multiple times because I switched content.

King-Marc-de
Come on Spotify!!!
Should be an easy One...
Have you ever tried to find your last audiobook title, when switching to music and back again???
Its weird 😕
Planet-Kai

I need it please!!!!

Go go Spotify Go....

Bobo7

Everybody how is listening to audiobooks needs this. Can´t understand why Spotify doesnt have thia feature!!

by the way: Deezer does...