Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Public Collaborative Playlist

Let my collab playlists show on my profile to randoms! I want random people to follow the playlist that I made with my friends without them editing it. Just add author permissions. In fact, it encourages people to interact with Spotify more! This is such a simple idea that would put Spotify as a clear favorite over apple music that I don't know why it hasn't been taken on. I truly don't see any downsides to this. 

I wish this would be addressed as to why it's not a thing rather than being linked to elsewhere to show me how many people have supported it in the past (which has been a lot). 

Updated on 2022-03-29

Hi everyone,

Good news! Despite this idea not reaching the amount of votes necessary for prioritization, recent changes in the way collaborative playlists works, as explained here have effectively resulted in this request being implemented.

Please head over to the linked idea for the full info on the new changes 🙂

Take care!

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-08

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

miloushka

Dear Spotify, i have an additional question. My sister has a collaborative playlist, created by herself, which is followed by 2 people and me. I can however see it on her public profile. I have created a collaborative playlist, but i cannot make it public - how come? 

Then again, i agree with the idea given here. while i would like to show this playlist i have made to the wider world, i would not want song added to it without my permission (to keep the spirit of the playlist). 

thanks 

swanky-n-spanky

Such an obvious, obvious idea.

I'm constantly dumbfounded by the amount of absent features that most users wouldn't even need to THINK of asking for. Important features that sit, unanswered for years on end, often with hundreds of users crying out for acknowledgement. Even fixes for fundamental issues with Spotify's design.

And the degradation of having to bargain for crucial features on the Community. Bidding for things that no good dev should leave out.

Is Spotify so broke, or so small a company, that they can't afford to work on fundamental features?

PeXArtZ

Great Idea!

KUSOPUSO

fingers crossed this becomes a thing 🤞🤞🤞

ramengirl

But I can see someone's collaborative playlist and they haven't even shared a link with me. How is that possible? I am pasting the link below.

Can others see it too?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4PcFA4Mvxs8gtoBQZQzQuz?si=WK5MrXS6SLaszMSApSof9A

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

mspaans

Within the past week, Spotify decided to prevent users from being able to add collaborative playlists to our profiles (a.k.a. what used to be known as a "public" vs "private" playlist.) Now, if a playlist is collaborative, you're forced to share it directly with someone else and it is no longer accessible from your profile. This is really irritating for regular users of Spotify who enjoy and utilize the social features of the desktop app. I would really like us to be able to have the choice of what is displayed on our own profile, regardless of whether or not it is collaborative. Given that collaborative playlists allow you to see WHO has added each track, I don't think it is Spotify's role to govern that risk of someone you don't know adding a song to your playlist (not exactly a terrifying risk, anyway...) I have playlists that I make with my best friend all the time. We have a number of friends who like to see what we're working on and potentially throw in a song or two if it makes sense. It allows the free-flowing exchange of music, which is one of the draws to spotify, to exist. Just because I am working on a playlist with someone else doesn't mean I don't want other friends to be able to see that from my profile, even if they're not an intended collaborator. 

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Flamencoguitarplayer

Hey,

recently a collaborative playlist got hijacked by some random guy who wanted to promote his own and his friends songs. He somehow found our playlist and managed to put 1000+ songs in it in matters of minutes. I verdict this guy using a script to spam his selected songs in collaborative playlists he can dig up on Spotify, just to get as much plays as possible.

This forced us to make a new playlist, since removing the songs is time consuming and can only be done by the playlist maker and the person who posted them?  

Anyway, author permissions would have solved the destruction of our precious playlist.

I have tried to find a way to report this person and his artist account for his annoying spam in our collaborative playlist that he must have done to other playlists as well, but this thread is the best I could find.