Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Switch on/off crossfade in certain playlists

Hello Community!

In Spotify there are some playlists with automatic crossfade. That means there's a smooth transition between songs. However, not everyone likes that, since the next song starts later (from minute 0:45, 0:26, 1:02...). That's why I thought it would be a good idea a to have the ability to switch it on and off depending on what the user prefers.

That way, there wouldn't be any problems with that.

This is an example of one of the playlists:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWZtGWF9Ltb0N?si=anA9lzv8S5akXzC4r5AvBA

In my opinion, it would be a good idea. If you agree, make sure to leave your vote/comment and hopefully they'll consider this idea.

Updated on 2020-01-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

As mentioned in many of the recent comments here, you can now head to Settings and turn off 'Automix'.
Hopefully this helps!

Comments
AeroZ

That's a great idea!

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-09-13

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

douira

I'd love an option to turn this off. First I thought this strange feature was a bug! Especially when the next song doesn't match the last one and I et a few seconds of two different songs playing at the same time. I find wasting the first minute or so of a song unhelpful.

BitGen01100000

THIS SO CALLED "FEATURE" NEEDS AN OFF OPTION ASAP!!!! CAN'T LISTEN TO MUSIC ON SPOTIFY ANYMORE. I MEAN LIKE wth SPOTIFY? DON'T DESTROY MUSIC...

Okay now you understand my feelings. Please make a button to switch this feature off. I don't have the time to switch to another music service as I already have alot of playlists on spotify. But if your going to destroy everything with wierd features. I'll have to! As I can't work without music.

Best Regards

An angry user

CBEpyon

I hate this feature. It happens on the Techno Bunker playlist and I can't stand it. Please give me an option to turn it off!

douira

I've found a workaround for this. (A temporary one, this problem still needs to be fixed)

You can create a new playlist from the buggy playlist by copying all entries with command + A, cmd + C and then making a new playlist with the copied songs: cmd + V. This new playlist won't be updated but it'll be a normal, non-buggy playlist.

CBEpyon

Thanks, I was thinking of doing that myself . Either way there should be an option to turn this "auto crossfade" off because it's jarring and not mixed properly anyway .

BitGen01100000

Doesn't that prove that this "feature" never was a feature? And that it is just someone who **bleep**ed up? And made the mistake on the production servers? They have probably fixed the problem causing it, but never fixed the old playlists? Which is why this would work? (Just speculating)

Created a new playlist a little while ago and you are correct it doesn't happen on that playlist!

douira

I think the idea was that some curated playlists (those created by Spotify themselves) crossfade to make it a more "seamless" mix. An apparently experienced user said on another thread in this forum that this is an actual feature that Spotify was testing (? or had developed). A regular playlist as created with the workaround described above doesn't have this kind of mixing because regular users can't enable this feature. The songs themselves have nothing to do with this, they can apparently be played in different ways depending on the playlist's settings. 

BitGen01100000

Aha, just tried some different playlists and as you said, those that are created by users don't have this problem. But some of those created by spotify have it. One exclusion seems to be "discover weekly".