Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-02-25

2014-10-30

Hey! We do think this is a good idea. We'll keep passing on your feedback so keep leaving your comments/ kudos here. Thanks everyone.

!!Please implement this feature!!

paulwa

Makes total sense and needs extending to the Web API's so that external players like Sonos can update the Spotify Song History and count towards personal recommendations too.

Lulo

Totally, its very frustrating how this basic functionality is not implemented yet. This is a MUST have feature for all these kind of streaming services. 

@JonnyP wrote:

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Joelboudreau
Comme one Spotify, do it already, I believe in you 😄
encoreguy

I don't know how this isn't already a thing. Having history on all my devices is critical. This includes songs that aren't in my current active session. I know that Spotify has this data; it makes recommendations based on my history. So why not make that data accessible to me?

salmonchainsaw

This needs to be a standard feature. I'm a new user with mutliple computers and the fact that my history doesnt sync through all devices is baffling. I thought I had made a mistake or had left some setting unchecked. Please just incorporate this into the program.  ASAP.

samarnett

In the meantime, last.fm is really good for this! It also orders you music by most listened to artist, track, album, ect. It's fully integrated with spotify so it isn't hard to set up

OmerWow

Sounds nice, very good QoL addition 🙂

oldgnarlydude

So, does anyone from Spotify actually read and respond to these posts or is this simply for users to express their frustrations - unheard and not responded to?