Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
spiderdijon

yo everyone's gonna go to google music if you don't sort this.

spiritofradio

Yes I would like to add my support to this idea

leu3000

I am so annoyed of your behaviour, Spotify!

I am a loyal customer for at least one year and I am paying around 10 Euros every month.

But your user support is awful.

If you don't increase this limit of 10.000 songs in the users library up to an unlimited amount within the next three months i'll switch to Tidal. I swear!

At Tidal there is no such ridiculous limit.

And by the way, why don't you have a real support hotline/email-adress?

Whats up with you folks? Very poor performance.

monks1975

I'd like to support this idea. I don't mind there being a limit for playlists, but to limit the amount of albums one can add to one's overall collection is a strange and arbitrary limit. I'm sure some clever coding can get round it. 

astrotrain

Limiting Your Music makes about as much sense as my ISP limiting the number of bookmarks I can keep in my browser. I'm paying for access to the entire Spotify catalogue, but I'm not allowed to keep a complete list of what I want to listen to? I guess that's what I get for having broad musical tastes.

I don't know if the reason behind it is that you'd have to refactor your DRM code, or if it's a licensing issue, or if it's a way of artificially keeping down the amount of data your servers have to access, or if it's simply because your moms didn't let you stay up past 7 o'clock on a school night growing up and you think everyone should have "reasonable" limits to whatever they enjoy. Frankly, I don't care: While *you* might have thought that having a limit to Your Music was completely acceptable when you implemented it, a growing portion of your customer base disagrees. And more importantly, so do other music services that are vying for your market share right now.

The mere fact that you flagged this issue "Not Right Now" means that you can fix it, but only would if enough users started hitting their heads on your stupid abritrary ceiling and threatened to leave. Well, I'm here to tell you it isn't a matter of "if", but "when". Because it will happen. Not right now? YES, RIGHT NOW.

jmatcuhi

The fact that there is no message informing that the album they are adding is actually NOT being added is ridiculous!

Plus, there is no way to see how much of your "quota" you are actually using!

Marcochabbi13
This is a joke. Just had the same problem as everyone else. Totally confused as to why cant save new albums and my offline saving mode was going crazy. Basically upgraded for a Mobile with 100gb extra storage and thought it must be okay now. Transpires that there is a limit on unlimited.. Well that's new to me. Raging is an understatement right now. The fact that I have read this entire thread and spotify appear to do be doing absolutely nothing tells me that they don't give a darn. From today I will be researching an alternative and will 100% move to a competitor. I've been a happy spotify user for years now. That has now dramiticaly changed. This is to say the least is nothing shy of an outrage. I've paid a ridiculous amount of money and invested my time to have this happen and to also see that so many people are feeling the same and yet the company does nothing? I'm frankly shocked. To move the thread on, anyone who has cancelled their subscription have you found a better service elsewhere? If so please post and share with us as I will not be waiting for spotify to amend this and are looking to cancel asap.
turophobe

Spotify is unlimited in the **bleep**s they don't give.  I recommend Google.

jts5009

How has this not been fixed yet?  I just signed up for Spotify Premium last week.  I already hit 10,000 songs Saturday.  I kept adding songs until I was at around 12,000 or so, which worked fine until I closed Spotify and re-opened it.  All of a sudden, I was back to a little over 9000 songs.  The application didn't even give me a warning message, or tell me which songs it decided to cut.  It seems like Spotify is opening themselves up for a lawsuit by placing a limit on what is advertised as an unlimited service.  I will be taking my money elsewhere if this isn't fixed by the time my subscription runs out.

SubzeroSC

@jts5009

I wouldn't hold my breath. Its been months and months since I started following this thread and noting new has been shared with us about the status of this issue. I guess they have more important things to do than removing this unnecessary limit 😞 

The average user will probably never hit this limit which is why Spotify is not rushing to fix it for the music lovers like you and me. For now when I hit the brick wall of ~9000 I will start adding the new songs i want to add to "Your Music" to a separate playlist and possibly add them later on when this limit is removed. I know its not a elegant workaround but there is anything else I could think of.