Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
KevinProost

Wow, a limit of a collection that are essentially links to a main library. This is astounding. If this introduces loading issues, fix lazy loading or something similar. I'm only using spotify for a year and i'm hitting 10K today. This is a severe dissapointment. 

rednblu

>>>>  ... how difficult would it be for Spotify to provide lists of the songs and artists we have across all of our playlists?

Does anybody have the number-- 0.9.15.27-- of that Spotify player that gives a one-second sort by TrackName, Artist, or Album across all of the playlists in a PlaylistFolder-- up to at least 150,000 tracks?

blklstd

Hi guys, 

Just adding my 2 cents as well, I have sadly reached my limit now also. Very disappointing like everyone else, a paying customer and I cant access all of music, very out dated. Poor excuse from Spotify also as to why this limit is so low. I have been enjoying using it and this is the first time ive had an issue, however its a huge one. I travel al ot and need my music offline regularly. I deliberately purchased a large GB phone to store heaps of music and now this.... come on Spotify please do something about this.

Cheers

SpongeMonkey531
This thread has nothing to do with downloads and needing lots of Gb's. Merely saving your songs to stream again later.
SpongeMonkey531
This thread has nothing to do with downloads and needing lots of Gb's. Merely saving your songs to stream again later.
ygord30

I completely agree with SpongeMonkey531, I'm not even trying to download that many albums, merely to save them to my collection so I can remember them and stream them later when I want to. When I lose the ability to do that Spotify is useless to me. I don't understand why they have to impose a limit on saving things in your library just for the purpose of streaming.

noidontwantto

True that this issue (limit on library size) is not exactly the same as download limits... but it's related!

Once you hit your library limit, you can't download any additional music that's not already in your library ... because to download it, you have to add it to your library! So once you hit the (seemingly arbitrary, poorly justified) 10k song limit, you're putting serious restrictions on your downloading as well. 

It sucks all around and Spotify has no intention of fixing or changing this behavior... that's why I've already cancelled and moved to Apple Music, which supposedly has a 100k song library limit. 

MBOD1
I hate that epic collection message .........10000 tracks is not an epic collection. Sort it Spotify
zmackdavis

I also reached this limit today, and think it's an absolute joke. Also consequently canceled my premium subscription. There's no point in staying somewhere where I can't continuously increase my music library. 10x this on Apple music from what I hear, plus I'm sure Amazon will trump it as well. Been fun while it lasted Spotify.

Amara1010

INCREASE THE MAX! OR MAKE IT FREE. No reason I have to pay a month for restriction...