Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
swanky-n-spanky

While Spotifiy's playlisting functions are basic, and the inaccurate, small-pool radio feature is barely mediocre, they're all I've really got in the absence of Grooveshark and its unmetered ability to simply do what it ought to. (Gone but not forgotten, baby, RIP).These days, I make do, using Spotify to throw large quantities of songs and albums into appropriate playlists. I save the outstanding examples I find.

It only took a year and a bit, of infrequent saving from infrequent searching, to hit this critical third point of failure - the much apologised library limit. What a bummer! My music service is telling me I like music too much.

'Ebin collection, friendo. Truck on tho, meme bro, because your libry is totes f-dizzle. tbh fam I'd belete sum of that future funk(sic. Dance-pop?).   #memes #spuds'

I guess, at least I got the PR office's choice of amicable warning, and not just a kick in the meat stick, hey?

If it needs to be spelled out, this regressive feature turns virtually every user into a time bomb. It might only affect that pathetic, unimportant 1% at the moment; but the problem will simply get worse as long-timers save more songs, if apologised instead of solved. Work-arounds are a frustration, and nobody is digging through 10,000 songs for their quarterly cull.

Unfortunately, my humble Spotify dev, the first people that you chase away will indeed be that 1%. You know, your most dedicated user; the people who create the most informed playlists, experience the most music, and have been with you the longest. So flex that atrophied brain muscle (and that amphetamine habit) and figure this sucker out!

why aren'y you still not  removing limits for playlists ?

but keep deleting good songs https://open.spotify.com/track/1XazlqB4YAtvouCmJPWXlM?si=ua123q5SSGundg4i-iJ98g

stop removing songs!!

artful_dodger59

Swanky, that was spot on! Kudos to you! 

Nearlynubile

Who cares if this is 1%? This is the opinion-leader and passionate spotify community. Get some business savvy and cater to this audience or you’ll slowly see the other fickle 99% also move to the many other services. 

manospuppet

Why can't Spotify see that it's only a very small portion of Spotify users that write in this community, the ones that take the time and effort to try and make a change but they're (us) the ones Spotify won't listen to...

andym5541

425 pages of 1%ers...something don't add up @__spo__ does it???

Still waiting to be able to move in to Spotify..... meanwhile tidal (and Roon) get my money.

vib-es

Let's see, I'm a premium user for 3 months and I've already hit an arbitrary limit for songs I can bookmark? Not download, Spotify, bookmark! 

I thought one of the features of Spotify was to be able to discover new music (the prominent "Discover Weekly" seems to indicate this), but apparently the real goal is just to stream generic playlists rather than to curate your library. I'm not even able to bookmark all the songs I had 10 years ago on an iPod classic!

This article from the verge gets it: https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/26/15700768/spotify-music-saving-cap-time-to-stop 

Not sure if I continue subscribing if Spotify is not interested in tailoring to the '1%' serious music lovers. Really disappointed, and obviously not the only one!

bradzickafoose

Even though I fully support the removal of song limits, one thing I have found that helps is to review your saved Songs for duplicates.

For whatever reason, I had a bunch of duplicates for the same songs on the same album.

If you sort songs by Artist, it should make it easier to view any duplicates you have and then you can uncheck the songs that aren't necessary to keep saved.

Hopefully that helps you until Spotify does the right thing and fixes this issue.

LA1

I just reached my limit, what?!?!? Please remove all limits. I didn't even get close to save all the music I like to Spotify, and as I have been paying monthly for years - and will gladly continue to do so - I would appreciate not to have to delete my saved music to add more. Spotify is the way I listen to music now, but will have to find alternatives if I cannot save to my library.

gr33nmind

Honestly I don't understand why users complain about limits. My library has 31,835 songs in it, and my plan is even the free one. I have no idea, how large my Starred playlist willl end up being. Someday when it eventually reaches 100,000 songs, that'll be almost 10,000 albums. Yes they're split up into four 10,000 song playlists, but so frigging what. I've read every complaint on this site, but cannot make heads or tails of it. Are people complaining because of the download limit? Well considering that it has been explained countless times, that that's not what this thread is about, I'm completely baffled. Frankly even if this thread was, it still would make no sense. Real music lovers purchase albums and listen at home with there stereos. They do not purchase mp3's. An MP3 is an extremely dated technology. The way I loook at Spotify, is as a free initial way to hear music, before buying an album. I'll often read an albums reviews, and if it looks promising, I'll add it to Spotify. Then if I like it, I'll purchase the album. 

I'm not defending Spotify, because it still has a ton of problems, including storing there cache on your machine This slows you computer down, and results in many repeated songs. They also still use an outdated mp3 format. Stil can someone please 'clearly' explain the problem wt a 10,000 "playlist" llimit, because I don't see one. Are peope just complaining for the sake of complaining.