Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Re-enable queue on now-playing screen

• In the newest update you put the share button in place of the usual queue button. Now whenever I want to rearrange songs in my queue or want to check what comes up next I have to press the three dots up right and then click on queue...
  • Who would prefer a share button over a queue button?
  • Please undo this.
  • Queue NEEDS to be right on the now-playing screen
  • Thank you!
  • Edit: Problem solved ~28.07.2020
Screenshot_20200630-000012.jpg

Updated on 2020-07-31

Hey folks,

Thanks for providing your votes and feedback on this.

This was part of a test which has now ended, so we're going to mark this idea as Implemented.

We'll make sure to post any future updates about the test in this thread.

Cheers!

Comments
Shah_ahmed

There is no valid reason why a share option should take precedence over queue button in a music player. While I am excited about the lyrics feature that is released, absolutely flabbergasted with their decision to move queue button. 

One step forward, two steps backward. 

Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

GrumpyBear

Marked as a new idea? A week ago it was a long-time feature. Wth **bleep**.

Edit: They auto bleeped laughing. l m a o

prasad223

I'm not sure how many people asked for this change. A lot of people go on to listen music endlessly without pretty much opening the app. I'm definitely sure looking at the queue is far more important and frequent operation than share option which I've barely used 2-3 times since I started using Spotify. 

Kamiqaze

sure, this queue button is one of the most used functions. cant believe, spotify deleted this for a poor share button.

6ix9ne would ask: are you dumb, stupid or dump spotify?

Dzyleung

Exactly! I use queue's everytime but I rearely share music. Either revert this or at least place the queue button on the main playing screen!

NickyPeesHere

Classic Spotify implementing unintuitive changes that worsen the app and that nobody asked for while ignoring basic stuff like swipe to queue.

Neutrixx

this is so annoying!!! i barely use the share button. please bring queue button to its original position!

Alexzoin

Stop making the UI worse! Things that are used more often need to take less clicks to get to.

VladVega

I use the share button like 5 times a month. I use the queue button at least 10 times a day....

wth is up with spotify and removing essential feature?