Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
chuckkk-bass

GUYZ,

You have to try the new Apple Music app ! It got an update yesterday, the app is incredible now (the only thing I'm missing is the Spotify Connect feature). I'm sick of Spotify because of this f*****g basic feature. Now on the other side you have REAL radio stations, a bigger music library, lyrics embeded, etc. It's all about getting used to a new interface.

Finally !!!

PS: And no, I'm no Apple employee 😂

EarlPurple

Your last post, about "real radio stations" and being upset Connect is missing when that's one of Spotify's worst features forced upon us shows that Spotify has changed from being what it originally was too far.

Apple also puts bloatware on your devices. 

And its search feature limits me to 20 searches a minute. Do I really have to go through all that when i'm trying to search for new music just because they're incapable of filtering for me in the first place.

And iTunes doesn't let you search new music on your own criteria nad return all the results that match. Its "new" music was always way short of the full list of what was out. Yes, that runs into thousands but let me filter that myself.

beboptastic

I'm just a novice programmer, 

but I really don't understand why this hasn't been implemented. It's not difficult, it has a major impact on users, and it already exists on iOS. 

@Marco --

What's the reasoning behind delaying implementation on this?

Shawnrl

It's like these companies want to let us all know who controls who. They control us! Can't change the order of a track in a playlist?! That's a basic, elementary feature! They should have also left out playlists altogether...along with the play, pause, back and foward features. I can't believe how long this has been an issue for Android users!!! There is a serious problem here. God/ universe, help us all!

EarlPurple

Oh, don't worry, I tried out Deezer once. I created a playlist of 5 songs to listen to, because they were songs selected by people for a music poll on which to vote.

Deezer decided that, instead of playing this playlist, it would play something "based" on it.

It also decided that it would play whatever it wanted from the playlist, not the songs in the order I had put them in. And I didn't have a shuffle on.

That was goodbye to my "trial" of Deezer.

RaalFy

It's a shame this still doesn't exist after several calls for the feature. This is standard on every music player I've used. I kept searching through the menus thinking this most definitely is buried somewhere.

headey

I suppose folks know that you CAN manually move songs around a playlist if you use the app on a PC.?

jcsosia

You can if you have a PC, yes. I won't say it's impossible for someone to own a smartphone, but not a laptop or desktop. That's just me I suppose.

headey
"...manually move songs around a playlist if you use the app on a PC."

"jcsosia_
Regular

You can if you have a PC, yes. I won't say it's impossible for someone to own a smartphone, but not a laptop or desktop."

Sorry jcs, I wasn't trying to be clever. Just stating something incase it helped people who might be able to occasionally borrow access to a PC.

grbsoft

@headey

> I suppose folks know that you CAN manually move songs around a playlist if you use the app on a PC.?

Yes, we know and we also know that you can do that on IOS too but you can't on Android, and thats the whole point here 🙂