Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-08-18

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 request.
Your other request about a larger options button has been suggested here. 😉

josiahayres

This is an epic idea!

jonasherdegen

That would increase the user experience enormously! 😛

Integrated gestures - Awesome!

Quanty

Wingman4l7

This would be really wonderful!  Using the triple-dot button menu to add to a queue can result in an accidental play if the tap misses the button, and both that and the hold-tap menu require two actions to queue a song.

derxk

this is brilliant. would love an update

SweKiwi

It's insane this has not yet been implemented into Android devices yet. I've had it on my iPhone for.. ages.

Spotify - get your thumb out your bum! 🙂

Drumrocker365

Please add this feature! For real, it's like a simple thing to have.

SweKiwi

Why isn't there anyone from Spotify actually reading this? 

It seems like such an easy implementation, and it actually was one of the reasons why I went back to iPhone, since I am such an avid Spotify user.

Gusoot
What are the technical difficulties to have this solved? I mean, if it was easy it should probably already be done. I think this is a necessary feature. The three-dot-menu is too small, I almost always start a song or touch the scrollbar. I know I can press and hold, but swipe left is essential. I would love to know the reason to why this have not yet been implemented, Spotify.
jarnbjer7

So simple, but yet so useful! Get on it buys! 🙂