Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
peakhead

Still not working for me 😞

Panopamelix

Finally !!! Crazy that it took so long, not sure if we have to still thank Spotify at this point...

But whatever, thank you anyway for bringing this to android after all these years asking, 8000 votes, 34 pages of comment, and still a closed state idea, even though they implemented the feature ! 

gwillsea

are you a beta tester?? why isn't mine working :((((

giannis07

mine is not working either. this is the feature i've been waiting over 3 years since i became android user. when i got the notification from here i just felt the achievement that we all succeeded together. just need to get this feature then i'll be eventually satisfied. why didn't i get it? any advice, help?

Samsung Galaxy S10

One UI Version: 3.1

Android Version: 11

Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206

thejomo

i'm also on Version 8.7.8.1206 with Android 11.0

could be that they are doing some A/B testing

giannis07

giannis07_0-1646404204637.jpeg

TheColin

the feature is still being tested and it's not fully out yet. spotify has said that they usually test new things only on some random users, so if it's not available to you then it should take a couple of days.

Julian
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

HCKmn

FINALLY!

I guess we have to say thank you?

now i am confident again spotify actually listens to its community 🙂

peakhead

Oooh we can be thankful, but we don't have to say thank you. They DID ignore us for multiple  years with no good reason.