Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Do not limit queue visibility to 50 for manual additions

The new desktop experience should behave how the queue previously worked.

When you manually add tracks, they should not disappear once the queue length reaches 50. All manually added tracks should display.

My use case is: In the morning, I queue up a bunch of albums for the entire day so I can concentrate on work and not have to bother choosing tracks throughout the day. With a visible limit of 50 this becomes very difficult and frustrating. The limit is arbitrary as playlists can still display the full number of tracks.

I don't want to have to create a playlist for this as I have still have a playlist running in case the queue runs out.

I can't help feeling this is an oversight and it shouldn't be hard to resolve.

50 tracks.png

Updated on 2021-11-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. We're marking this as implemented.

As some of you have already mentioned, the Play Queue now shows more than 50 tracks.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
shutterpopphoto

Seconded!

gilzow

THIS!

dczlcs

Especially important if Spotify still tends to clear the queue when it feels like it (updates installed, network connectivity outage, sound device unavailable due to Bluetooth hiccup, forgot to exit Spotify before listening on another device...). I always keep a backup of my queue as a playlist, but now I can't select all of it for this purpose.

Elena
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-24

Hey @Betjeman,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

airbagabe

The unlimited queue was one of the few features that kept Spotify as an interface hanging on by a thread for me. I'm considering moving to a different subscription service as a result of this change - it's that impactful to my experience. Managing playlists is a fussy and cumbersome undertaking which I never liked and the radio stations and recommendations are essentially useless, so at least with the unlimited queue I could make a long list of albums I was *actually* interested in (as opposed to Spotify's suggestions) that I could work through over a week or so. Spotify doesn't have a "play it next" feature either, so at least with the lengthy Queue I could grab a song and move it to the top of the queue. 

D-K-C-J

Absolutely true! My issue with it is exactly the same!

And sometimes I'm not sure if I already added an album to my queue, or I want to change the sequence, but then there is nowhere to see the rest of my queue! Frustrations frustrations frustrations..!

gregoctopus

Totally agree with this. I queue up enough albums for the workday in the morning, and not being able to see past 50 tracks is really annoying.

sprint45_45

This is a must fix issue for me.  I add albums to my que and edit it through out the day.  Who ever came up with this 50 song limit should be fired. 

defblush

This needs to be fixed immediately. It's making me want to switch to another service it's that bad!

So if you have over 50 songs in a queue at the moment it's impossible to add a song to play next???!!! Options are to either stop the queue and play the song or wait 738 hours until it plays at the end of the queue. Or delete other queued songs so it plays earlier..?

Nice one! Great idea guys.. Nailed it!

winniewouse

Commenting here in the hopes that it will boost it. I also liked the suggestion and hope that other people do as well. This is the single most infuriating and negatively impactful change from the new UI.