Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Kazarrackt

Spotify needs to add the option to change Audio Device within the app.

Yes, You can change if manually by going to Windows Settings, however for the people who use interfaces/mixers like I do this can prove to be problematic. Changing the settings manually causes issues and breaks Spotify should my interface disconnect or windows updates default my audio settings. 
Using a GO-XLR my interface has frequent updates to its firmware and to complete them the interface has to disconnect and reconnect.
Other applications have this feature and it makes life easy as long as the app is controlling the device allocation I've never had an issue.

In addition. Adding the option of EQ like what is available on Mobile would be nice as well, having it match my other mobile devices would be amazing. Of course, it doesn't need to be the best bells and whistles just a port of the Mobile EQ.

Nomatterwho

Very stupid and unprofessional answer...

gemerik

The latest update is from 2018.  Any changes to this decision?  Desktop EQ would improve the experience greatly!

slug_camargo

I thought it was just me being thick and not finding the equalizer. I can't believe this is their official position. Can you be any more amateur?

slug_camargo

By the way, since these clowns might very well sit content at this forever,  there are some alternatives out there: Equalizer APO with the Peace interface work pretty fine.

Novy
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2022-07-11

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community and sharing your feedback with us.

As we mentioned in our last status update, this idea wasn't in our immediate plans so it had been closed. However, we're glad to let you know we're changing its status to Good idea, vote for it. The right teams at Spotify are aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea so we encourage you to keep voting and sharing your feedback over here.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too. As soon as we have any updates to share about this, we'll let you know.

Once again, we thank you for your patience and your much valuable feedback.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

SVO

Pretty silly to have EQ for mobile and not for PC/Mac.  Higher grade phones and speakers connected to laptops and desktops owned by users who value sound quality are likely some of Spotify's more devoted (and less cost-conscious) customers.  From a customer retention standpoint it is a TOTAL strategy no-brainer.

xmelkor

Come on Spotify. This is 2022. How come a mainstream audio application does not have Equalizer? Even Winamp had it more than 20 years ago. Even the Spotify mobile versions have had since forever. No idea who or why decided it was not required for the Desktop version, but it was clearly a very bad decision. I'm glad to see it's not being considered.

Please get implemented as soon as possible.

sacnmd

This is a MUCH-needed function for the windows version of the app.  I have so much trouble setting the equalizer on my iPhone app, then playing Spotify on my desktop and the sound is weird, too much bass, too much treble, etc., and I can't change it on the desktop.  I have log out of the desktop and open the app on the phone and change to another sound setting, and then start the process all over again until I find the right equalizer setting.

Please add the same or better equalizer setting to the desktop version of Spotify!  This will be a major improvement.  

Elena
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.