Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Filtered by unplayed episodes

I noticed with the latest update that the 'Filtered by' unplayed episodes has been removed. If a podcast has over 100episodes it can be a bit annoying to scroll all the way down to the ep I'm up to. I can sort it from old to new, but I want to hide/archive the eps I've listened to please. Not everyone is up to the latest episode and if you sub to an old podcast with lots of eps, you really need this feature.

Just hitting play from the overview screen will play the latest/oldest (whatever the first file in the list is). If old eps where archived it could play the one I'm up to (as long as it remembers to sort old to new). 

Screenshot 2021-03-29 201908.jpg

Updated on 2022-09-08

Hey folks!

We're happy to announce that "Filter by unplayed episodes" is now available! 🙂
Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for voting to make this happen.
Cheers!

Comments
podmatrix

Since last version there was a way to see only not listened/not finished episodes of podcasts and now it's gone. Having this Green check icon does not help much the fact that I have to scroll endlessly. Also There was a progress bar and now it is showing only if you play podcast episode.

angiepin

This is unbelievably frustrating, and I have no idea why Spotify would take away such a useful feature. 

Penokan

With the newes update, it's no longer possible to hide played songs/episodes. This is superannoying! Please bring the feature back

walrusoftime

It's also odd that they're not loading podcasts by newest first when you land on the page. It loads the first page, oldest first, for like 100 episodes, and then just stops. It only loads more when I change the sorting. It's like they have pagination, but the application doesn't respect the pagination key to load more results.

Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-14

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

You can also check out this related idea, if you're interested in more sorting options for podcasts.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

pit1288

Hey! I've created a UI for Spotify to consider:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-UI-proposal-to-fulfill-user-s-needs-Mockup... 

If you like it, your vote is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Spacekaja

You NEEEEEEEEED to add the option to hide already played episodes again… Cause your sorting options sucks right now……..

jjydean

In a recent update (early 2021), for some reason they took away the ability to sort a podcast via "Played" and "Unplayed".

This was handy for a number of reasons. One example is that some old podcasts that have a lot of episodes start glitching when scrolling through. Also it's just nice to clear up the page and when you visit a page to see any new releases, if there's nothing there you move onto the next one.

Please bring it back.

cfnewman

This should not have to be a new suggestion. It was possible in the old version and should've carried forward to this new version. It's ridiculous trying to sort now. 

podmatrix

It's strange how old removed feature should go through Ideas first 😄