Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Sort the list of playlists

I can’t be the only one with over 40 playlists. I would like an option to organise my playlists on desktop. 
You could add a button so that you can edit (like on phone) to organise playlists by alphabetical order, date added or whatever. 

yes I could take the time to drag every single one of my playlists into the right place, but I currently have like 40something. In a couple years when I probably have over 100 playlists, it will be unacceptable to have to drag and drop every single one to the right place. 

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists is now available on Desktop. You can change the sorting order by navigating to Your Library>Playlists and selecting the one you prefer via the button in the upper right corner of the app. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-10

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

lucasdeltoro

There are posts on here from 2015 (five years ago now) about this exact same issue. Doesn't seem like much to ask for - just a feature that everyone would assume a good app like this would have. I have 100+ playlists and I'm supposed to sit there and alphabetize all 100+ of them??? I know how to sort the tracks in a playlist - stop sending me links for that. I want to sort ALL the playlists at once - the list of playlists. Help us out guys... PLEASE POST A REPLY SPOTIFY. NO ANSWER/UPDATE IN FIVE YEARS IS REDICULOUS!! 

persephonedigge
Hi, when will there be this option of arranging my playlists in alphabetical order? Do you know that when there are sites or apps that can arrange our playlists or folders in alphabetical order? So, why do you have this option? When will you install it? There is this option in terms of the names of the files in terms of their names or of the artists who created them (or even their albums, too bad it is not available in terms of the date it came out).

kalel5011

Yes!!! I would love this. Would be so nice since I know the names of my lists and wouldn't have to hunt for the list or create another new list.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @idontcareihatey!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

GGLionQross

It would be super amazing and convenient if the Spotify Desktop app had a quick, efficient way to be sorted OTHER than clicking and dragging each one individually

Spotify Playlists.png
Mihail
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists is now available on Desktop. You can change the sorting order by navigating to Your Library>Playlists and selecting the one you prefer via the button in the upper right corner of the app. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

whojamaflip

Mihail,

If you do as you suggest it does sort the Playlists in the main window BUT NOT in the Playlist column on the left hand side! Please fix this asap!! 

To make things totally clear - We want to sort the playlist column on the LEFT HAND SIDE alphabetically in one click - not dragging individual items around.

Surely it can't be that hard to do! 

PLEASE

jason_mcmaster

The fact this is a "If you want this, give it a thumbs up and we might implement it if we get enough views" is beyond idiotic. Spotify is the absolute laziest organization I have ever seen. It would be so freaking simple to add this button on the desktop app. I could write this into the program myself so why not just go ahead and do it, Spotify????

This is just like adding a landscape mode on the iPhone app. Android already has this, but apparently you decided that this wasn't necessary for everyone who pays you even though you've had people asking you for this for years. I like the platform but I absolutely hate the company. You do not listen to your customers, despite how you respond with BS posts like this one here. 

persephonedigge

are you saying my post **bleep**? if so, why? I only asking a question, that's it