Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Remove certain Songs

It would be nice if there was a way to remove a song from the Discover Weekly playlist. Overall, Spotify picks some pretty good songs for the playlist. However, there are always a couple songs I don't like. It would be nice if I could delete the song from the playlist just like I can for any other playlists I put together.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to like or dislike tracks in your Discover Weekly playlist.Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 15.30.29.png

If you dislike a track, it will also be removed from your Discover Weekly playlist.

Thanks again for coming to the Idea Exchange!
We appreciate all of the comments.

/M

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-08-08

Marked as New Idea. You may also be interested in this idea, which suggests the ability to remove suggestions from Discover.

duck35

I wholeheartedly agree. I like the discover weekly playlist. But each week (no surprise) there's some hits and some misses for me. I'm never going to listen to the playlist all the way through if I can't make the misses go away.

I actually don't necessarily want to ban entire artists from discover weekly for perpetuity. (as has been suggested for the discover page.) I just want to take a particular song off the playlist for the remainder of the week-like I can with any other playlist. And i don't really want that song to come up as a suggestion again immediately the next week either.

It might be cool if removing a song could have a similar effect to "thumbs down"ing a radio song for future discover suggestions, but my priority is just to make an offending song go away.

jimmymehiel

yes. please do this. thank you. 

Andrew_James

If you delete a song from someone else's (in the case Spotify account) playlist, it deletes it for everyone.

Just clone the list to make it your own and delete whatever you want from there.  Simple.

jimmymehiel
Oh, cool. thanks for the tip.

Also, do you know if the previous weeks' playlists are saved somewhere? I
will start saving by cloning now, but I missed that on the first couple
weeks, so if there's a way to find them that would be great.

thanks again.

Andrew_James

@jimmymehiel 

Hmmm. Good point.  could not find old stuff.  However, if you click on browse in the side bar, then click on "New Releases" you can just keep scrolling down further and further.  As you scroll, Spotify will load more and more albums/songs that have been released in the past.  That might help somewhat.

schenkelklopfer
Do it please! I don't want to have right-wing songs in my timeline!
Andrew_James

Umm... then don't follow that particular playlist.

BostonKitty
What the he'll is a right-wing song? I have no problem with Discover Weekly list, although I actually thought Spotify had raided my playlists cuz most of the songs I already had lol? But then just some other stuff I didn't care for. But no biggie, u just skip it. How do you clone a list tho?
Andrew_James
Just select all and drag them all into your own playlist.