Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Remove certain Songs

It would be nice if there was a way to remove a song from the Discover Weekly playlist. Overall, Spotify picks some pretty good songs for the playlist. However, there are always a couple songs I don't like. It would be nice if I could delete the song from the playlist just like I can for any other playlists I put together.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to like or dislike tracks in your Discover Weekly playlist.Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 15.30.29.png

If you dislike a track, it will also be removed from your Discover Weekly playlist.

Thanks again for coming to the Idea Exchange!
We appreciate all of the comments.

/M

Comments
ejdub

Can we at least find out what's feeding discover weekly? Just because my wife listens to a couple country songs on my phone doesn't mean I want my discover weekly to show me a bunch of country artists now.

Maybe a way to up or down vote what's going in here at a minium?

aloisrinn

Discover weekly is super, BUT let us remove tracks from it.

Out of nowhere, I get tons of songs in the Dutch language. I never listen to Dutch music nor do I speak or understand it - PLEASE.

IHS15

Please do this, I'm pretty offended that Spotify thinks I want Marilyn Manson! Maybe there's a reason you haven't seen me listen to him :') 

IHS15

Originally posted three years ago and still regularly commented on/requested... Don't play us this way, Spotify. 

gadelat

As a workaround, you can use this IFTT applet https://ifttt.com/applets/NFRkZeJu-automatically-create-a-discover-weekly-archive It automatically copies songs from discover weekly to regular playlist you can edit.

beeawasp

It'd be great if there was such an option. I'm ashamed of what I was listening to some years ago. I long deleted them but they show up nevertheless. 😕

Micheie60

You don't have to make the play list editable, if remove make a entry in a database that tells that this listener don't want to hear a selected track it won't show up anymore in that play list. 

Since there often are tracks that I prefer not to listen to I would appreciate that function.

morphiuz62

I would like this too.

I don't like the artist Justin Bieber. And yet you put songs of him on Discovery weekly.

Why?

And can i edit this playlist now?

/Anders Hak

Sweden.

Melody
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to like or dislike tracks in your Discover Weekly playlist.Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 15.30.29.png

If you dislike a track, it will also be removed from your Discover Weekly playlist.

Thanks again for coming to the Idea Exchange!
We appreciate all of the comments.

/M

RobKuhn

What if I want to remove a song because I have already added it to my own playlist? I like the song, but I don't need to hear it again. I don't want to dislike it and I don't want to hype it. Premium users ought to be able to let Spotify know directly how they are using Discover Weekly - so that the lists for them can be improved. For instance, I do not treat Discover Weekly as a playlist (just) to listen to. For me it is research for building my own playlists to listen to. I don't want to see a heavy concentration of artists that Spotify already knows I like. A smattering of their music is good -- but what I want to hear is new artists in the vein of the ones I like - or maybe on some tangent that intersects with their sound. I'm becoming increasingly bored with the Discover Weekly lists I'm getting lately. I wish they would stop sending me so much music they're confident I like and tune up their algorithm(s) to find similar sounds to send me.  [ Please! Thanks! ]