Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Podcasts] Toggle Video for podcasts on mobile

Listening to JRE Joe Rogan Experience on Spotify using my phone. The app uses too much data as it streams video. I would love the option to turn off video feed to save on data, otherwise I cant freely listen to JRE wherever I am.

I do love the video feed, much better functionality than Apple podcasts, so I do love having this available, but I want to be able to switch it off especially when not on wifi.

Another feature could be the option to download Audio and / or video in advance (so we can choose if want to download audio only or video as well). That would solve a lot of my data problems. 

Updated on 2021-10-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that it's now possible to toggle off video for podcasts when you're not on WiFi.

image.png

Happy listening🎙

Comments
Fd-painter

NOPE

Fd-painter

7A7C2716-C097-4E83-BFB9-9758BAA37138.png

NOPE!

larawilsonnn

I have encountered an issue where when listening to podcasts that have video attached, this makes it unable to play the podcast when my phone is off and the app in the background. After spending over an hour with spotify support the only solution is that I have to manually download the episode in order to listen to it in the background. This is extremely frustrating. 

Please allow us to turn off the video if we don't want it.

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-10-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that it's now possible to toggle off video for podcasts when you're not on WiFi.

image.png

Happy listening🎙

adina-listener

Hello, let me illustrate the point. I drew it for you. Toggle in the settings or toggle on the video or just another listing in the overflow menu of the podcast under the three dots.

I think I‘ll never listen to some podcasts again, because this is just being too much of a challenge.
You kind of gave us what we wanted with that "no-videos-on-the-background" but I‘m just so disappointed by how COMPLEX you are trying to make it just in order to more people play that stupid video.

Give me my audio only option in my AUDIO SUBSCRIPTION. Is that too much to ask? Keep your canvases and videos, I don‘t care. I want lightweight audio app that won‘t eat my whole battery and data plan.

adinalistener_2-1634638934745.png

adinalistener_1-1634638892738.png

Shossni

I think @adina-listener has a great point though, there’s some moments where you’ll want video back and going all the way into settings is annoying, where a toggle on/off in each video would be easier.

Maybe for the next update! 

jrad61

Any updates on when they are going to let us do audio only without jumping through circus hoops???

Neonjohn

I live on a mountaintop (paradice). I have no cell service (more paradise)

I'm stuck with the worst possible satellite internet - hughsnet (boo).  So I listen on my cellphone over Hughsnet where I get a measly 20Gb/month.  I do NOT want video over WiFi.  Please fix this defect.

John