Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Separate Sorting Options For Each "Your Library" Category

The current "Your Library" sorting is limited to just one choice, but I would prefer different sorting options for each thing. For example, I would like my playlists to sort by "Recently Played," but Artists by "Alphabetical" and albums by "Recently Added."

The current setup just allows for one filter that carries across all areas, and if you change it for one, it changes for all.

Please allow for separate sorting options for each Library Category (Playlists, Artists, Albums, Podcasts & Shows) that are remembered for each view.

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey all!

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. Looks like our developers agree that this is a good idea - We can confirm that it's now possible to set a separate sort order for each filter in Your Library.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Cheers!

Comments
ParentalControl

The fact that it applies one sort option to all filters is horrible organizer. It’s one of the reasons the new library stinks.

Harriet96

This is another reason its an awful user experience to have music and podcasts together instead of separate like they were. I use music artists by alphabetical order because I'm not constantly adding new music but I need to see podcasts as "recently updated" to actually hear new content.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-08-18

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

MattSuda

Hey @Spaceboy88  @Harriet96  @ParentalControl 

Good news!

Update: October 2021 (app version 8.6.64):

Ability to set a seperate sort order for each filter (no longer shared)

One of the main points users made in the main feedback thread is that they wanted the ability to be able to set a separate sort order for each filter and not have each filter share the same selected sort order. With app version 8.6.64, when you change the sort order for one of the filters, it will be remembered for that filter. The main "mixed" view can also have a different sort order. For example, now you can have the main mixed view set to sort by "recently played", Playlists set to sort by "custom", Artists set to sort by "recently added",  Albums set to sort by "alphabetical", and Podcasts set to sort by "recently updated", or however you want them to be sorted. When you switch between the filters, it will now show the same sort order you selected last time you used that specific filter.

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey all!

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. Looks like our developers agree that this is a good idea - We can confirm that it's now possible to set a separate sort order for each filter in Your Library.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Cheers!