Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Walleva

Perfect before going to sleep!

Odaeus

Would love this feature, I really don't like stopping tracks part-way through!

Perhaps as a hidden option if you hold down over the pause button or Command-Click it?

alibabahck
This is definitely a good idea. It's very annoying if you want to change listening to another artist or stop listening to a track to have to watch the pause button until the song ends. I am used to using Banshee where this is also part of the music player.
LouisRalph

I see the lack of a SINGLE PLAY of a song, then STOP option has been brought up for over 2 years. This is one missing feature, that makes SPOTIFY very annoying in the way I use it.

babagannuj

I just sign in to here just to write this request and I found this topic. This feature is really missing in the application.

Zephyr

This still needs attention.

Rapti
I've been using the workaround with the empty playlist almost since I began to use Spotify, but after some update it keeps giving me an error that the song is not available. This was not always the case. Some updates later, selecting an empty playlist as current playlist will remove all tracks from the Queue list, but after the current track finishes, they reappear. An official feature like this would be incredibly awesome.
manusoft

Let's give it some kudos!!
I hope it gets soon implemented 🙂

Lewton

How has this not been implemented yet? 

EarlPurple

Obvious feature.

The app is however getting far too bloated and trying to be everything rather than perfecting what it originally was intended for.