Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments

In my opinion, it should exist an easy function to tell Spotify to stop after playback of the actual playing song.

Nothing to do in the queue or somewhere else.

Just right-click or long-press the play/pause button!

If you don't know what that mean i recommend checking Clementine for exact this functionality (and much more useful functions btw... ;-))

It's cross-platform and could be tested on all systems.

https://www.clementine-player.org/

tomasz1486

https://embed.spotify.com/go?uri=spotify%3Auser%3Atomasz1486%3Aplaylist%3A2hOmFsl93Fdey5Rc1h3oVk
I made this stupid playlist just to avoid this unbearable disadvantage (and by the way I'm getting into stupid habits). Just because your incomprehensible procedures.

Favourthebold

Any update on this spotify?

Nefrin

As I’d really like this to make it into the app I want to suggest another solution to this: 

Give the repeat button to the right of the playbutton an additional State in which only the current song is played and then playback stops. 

I remember having this in some music app about ten years ago but I’ve rarely seen it since. 

LemBi
That's a nice idea. Or have an option to long press the Play button to play
the current song only 🙂
FuarkKudoSystem

Even Winamp has this feature smh... If you won't implement such simple user suggestions, why are those IT employees even paid?

Dagni

This was suggested 7 (SEVEN!) years ago and Spotify has done nothing about it. People want it. It's something useful. It's not too difficult to do. So why not do it? Isn't it your job to make people happy? So that people like your product and pay you?

Dirkthefox

I would love to see this implemented.

xxuser

Definitly need a "stop after current track" option in a playlist.. even free music players allow us to do that.. it's not like it's something hard to implement, it's a basic feature..

Btw how much votes is needed so they actually do it?

It is there in the latest Android Version of Spotify, BUT it is a big joke like all the rest of the "user-interface"!!!
You have to open the menu (which only opens if Spotify knows that you are online) and then you have to tap on !!Sleeptimer!! 😉 and THEN you could choose Stop after current song!!!

it is like the playlist sorting, which was in the past so very easy to use...just swipe down the playlist and voila there was a search-field with sorting options on the right - all in one!

Now you have to open the menu (it only opens if Spotify guesses you are online) SCROLL down to the ENTRIES "Search in playlist" and "Sort playlist" - what a GIANT FAIL in intuitive user-interface creation!!

For me the whole Spotify app is a big fail since a year or so, but unfortunately there seems to be no alternative... 😞