Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Zephyr

I agree and I've missed this feature on countless occasions ever since I moved from Winamp to Spotify.

Markussss

I've also wanted this feature for a long time, and I made a little userscript to do this using the Spotify Play Button. I wrote a blog post about it in Norwegian a couple of minutes ago. Here it is, run through Google Translate.  A couple of the translations are a litle corny and weird, but I think you'll get the point, though. However, if you're fluent in Norwegian or JavaScript, these two links might help you clear things up a bit: Blog post in Norwegian, Spotify Break After at userscripts.org. Thank you for your time. 🙂

Matty

This would be so awesome! I hate that jarring moment when you have to stop the track mid-riff, need to be able to play awesome music as I'm getting ready to head out the door. Chariots of Fire, perhaps.

anbog

If you decide to implement this idea (and I really hope so!), please consider including a "stop after current album"-botton as well!

Thevstad

Missed this function since the day I got Spotify! A "shutdown after current song" would also be great!

XGTQFPZR

Yes, I want this.

As mentioned in another suggestion (link), I think this would work well if implemented as a "stop here" or "pause here" item that could be added to play queues and moved around.

itsimon

I also miss this functionality in spotify - winamp provides this with right-click menu of the "stop"-button and it is really a good and simple way to stop playing after leaving the room or doing something else not in front of spotify.

Thanks to Styrke for the workaround - a good idea for the same result!

karolo

This would be a really good feature, hope that it does get added.

Maybe Shift + Pause on the desktop and long pressing Pause on touch devices?

Also noticed that a few people created other threads asking for the same feature, seems to be quite a popular request.

oscarzombie

I also want this feature a long time ago. It would be great to have in desktop and mobile!

Liam
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.