Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-07-21

Marked as new idea.

tylerbierly

I agree, I listen to audio books at no less then 1.5 times the speed. Please implement an option to change speed up to 2.5 times the original speed for podcast.

q_eddie_q

Yeah, please! Same here this feature would safe so much time! it's incredible!

smykul

Would love this feature to be available across the board, I often listen to both music and podcasts (also videos) at 1.5x-2x speed.

I have actually let my spotify subscription lapse because of the lack of this functionality 😞

Ideally a granular control allowing 0.5x - ~3x speed would be fantastic!

Daba22

Agree with all of the above, the ability to change playing speed within a certain range (above and below 1x) would be very welcome to podcast listeners and others (i.e. music performers). 

(Naturally, the function should be available on Android, Windows and Web as well)

Alxndr87

I second this. I won't use a podcast app that doesn't allow for smart silence removal and general speeding up of the podcast. 

Patw364

Absolutely.  I have Spotify premium for music however I must use a different service provider for podcast because the speed is not adjustable.  I use the app on Android, PC, and OSX.  Adjustable playback speed is a must have for spoken word.  I use it on Audible all the time.

JackMordaunt

I agree. Playback speed setting is a must for any podcast player. Will be using apple podcasts until this feature is added. (I listen up to 3x in audible).

SoundSee

Please implement this feature! I often listen to podcasts at 1.5x, or even at 2.0x.

Joes2007

I realllly need this feature!