Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
yyzyash

In my opinion this is a MUST. 

Bbussard

Add this feature!!!!

myumaz

Someone needs to come up with an applet on IFTTT to automatically download new episodes of podcasts you choose

liamcttm

The ONLY reason I don't use podcast feature on Spotify  (and therefore miss Spotofy original content)

NL-User

Absolutely a must have. Would be nice to have this as single interface - including I'm the car.

Benjweiland

I use a different special app for podcasts because of this. I really hope that you implement this.

ToddMartinMusic

I just asked the Spotify support team a very similar thing and they directed me to this community board.  Here is my orginal request below.  Has anyone figured out if this is possible or not?

"This isn't an existing issue... but I can't figure out how to set up a dynamic unplayed podcast playlist. Is this possible (description below)... I'd like to create a playlist of podcasts that I follow that I are currently unplayed. I'd like the podcasts to be in date order from oldest to newest. I'm sure that someone has already thought of this. Is it possible to do this in Spotify? If so, could you send me step by step instructions? - Best regards - Todd

jwbryan81

As others stated, this is the only feature lacking that keeps me from using Spotify exclusively.  

adamas_fr

It's the basic thing a podcast app should do !

BTrisc

Please add! An essential feature.